How can I edit a CUSIP # for a mutual fund?

mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Virtus acquired RidgeWorth funds. My broker (ML) sent through transactions doing a 1 for 1 exchange from STTBX to AZEKJ (a temp symbol). ML has not done so (and I don't think they will) from the temp to the new symbol, which the same as the old, STTBX, but with a new CUSIP. Quicken can't seem to update the CUSIP, and thus doesn't update the security. I have the new CUSIP #. Is there a way to manually edit the security to update the new CUSIP #?

Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The CUSIP isn't the real issue.  That would be that you old security is Matched with an Online security ... and AZEKJ ain't it.

SO, take a backup, just in case, then do CTRL-Y.

For each impacted fund, click on the fund name, click Edit Security Details, UNcheck "matched with online security". 

Repeat for each impacted security. And then do a download from ML.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot. If it works, do I go back and check the box?

If it doesn't work, is CUSIP edit a possible solution? (if yes, is there way to do it?)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    mrzookie said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a shot. If it works, do I go back and check the box?

If it doesn't work, is CUSIP edit a possible solution? (if yes, is there way to do it?)

CUSIP isn't the problem.  I've already told you that.  AND, there's no way to edit it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    mrzookie said:

had to switch the symbol back and forth a couple of times, but it worked. 
    thanks.
  • jmpinternet
    jmpinternet Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    mrzookie said:

It would help a little to explain that CTRL-Y takes you to the "Security List" where you need to be to edit the holdings. In my case, ML had already run transactions to "Exchange" my holdings from the old CUSIP to the new. Kind of a mess to sort out.
  • jmpinternet
    jmpinternet Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    mrzookie said:

In my case, the issue was with a security changing its name while keeping the same stock identifier (CUSIP). What turned out to be a solution was to a transaction "Change Corporate Name, " available in my Quicken 2017 Premium and above. I then tossed out the "Add" and "Remove" transactions downloaded from my brokerage account, and renamed any transactions that still had "Unknown" in the security name field. 
    HTH
This discussion has been closed.