I just updated to Quicken Deluxe 2018 R8.8. Bank of America will not update.

When trying to using One-Step update for my Bank of America account, I get a response that my password is incorrect. However, I can sign on to my account on the web with the same userid and password.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    What did you update from? Have you tried running Update Now from the account actions gear at the upper right of the account register?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • dave musgravedave musgrave Member
    edited May 2018
    I updated from the round arrow in the accounts list on the left. It updates all my accounts. Today, I tried your suggestion and it worked fine. I then tried my method and it worked fine also. ????? So go figure.
  • edited May 2018
    I have the same issue.  One Step update fails for all accounts since I upgraded from 2015 to 2018.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello all,

Have you tried making a New Quicken File and try adding your accounts to see if the issue persists in a new environment?

Please let us know the outcome.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Jason,

A new file is to test wether the issue is in the file or happening at the bank.

Since you were able to download transactions in a new file, the issue must be with the previous file.

Try running the validate and repair function on the first file, not the test file. The steps are listed at https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited July 2018
    Thank you for giving that a try.

Next, I would try refreshing the branding and profile settings.

You can follow the steps at https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited May 2018

Thank you for giving that a try.

Next, I would try refreshing the branding and profile settings.

You can follow the steps at https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting.

-Quicken Tyka

Hey Jason,

Glad to hear this is working properly.

I think this is a good article to keep on hand, installing an update makes changes to the software and it can help "unstick" things.

It won't hurt anything to do so after an update. 

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • edited May 2018

Hello all,

Have you tried making a New Quicken File and try adding your accounts to see if the issue persists in a new environment?

Please let us know the outcome.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I spoke with your Live Chat and they were able to help me fix the problem, after I convinced them that the issue was with the upgrade and not the financial institutions.  They had me manually deactivate every single account I had linked to One Step Update, Validate and Repair, and then reactivate (one by one).  It was painful but fixed the problem.
This discussion has been closed.