First Tech Federal Credit Union

Quicken 2016 H&B: When I attempt to connect an account to "First Tech Federal Credit Union", it returns an empty list of accounts.  How can I active OSU for my accounts there?

Comments

• UKRUKR ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    First check with your CU if there is anything you need to do to enable downloads from the bank to Quicken. Some banks require that you enable this from their website, some require that you call them ...
  • Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I just did.  They say that it is a Quicken issue and that they supposedly have been working on it for some time now.  Anybody at Quicken care to give an ETA on the fix?
  • NotACPANotACPA ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I just did.  They say that it is a Quicken issue and that they supposedly have been working on it for some time now.  Anybody at Quicken care to give an ETA on the fix?

Many/most banks will automatically blame Q for anything and everything that goes wrong ... even after we've PROVEN that it's the bank's fault.
    Q never pre-announces fixes ... and its doubtful that they're working on a fix, of this type, for Q2016.  Only the most egregious (primarily security) errors get developed for older versions of Q. 

Incidentally, that's why (starting with the current Q product) there are no longer "year versions" of Q.  Eventually (in a couple of  years) there will be just "Quicken" ... not Quicken 2018, Quicken 2019, etc.  That way, ALL fixes will go into the single Q product and there will no longer be a need to "back level" fixes.
    Also,  because of Non-Disclosure Agreements, even if someone (Q employee or Q tester) knows of such a fix as being in process ... they couldn't tell you about it until JUST before it's released.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • splashersplasher ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I suggest that you download from the FI a .QFX Web Connect file for each of the accounts.
    Use File->File Import->Web Connect to import each of the files. 

If you already have the accounts setup in Quicken, be sure to change Add to Link and select the correct account.
    If the accounts do not exist, use Add.
    Once you are done, you can go to the Account List (Tools menu) and select Edit for each account. On the Online Services tab, you can activate One Step Update.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.