Rocket mortgage (quicken loans) won't connect

2»

Comments

• CatherineCatherine Member
    edited April 2018
    Still having this problem.  Quicken (the software) does not recognize Rocket Mortgage, doesn't have them as a known financial institution, and does not allow a loan to be added, does not allow an existing account to change the web address to the new address.
  • edited October 2018
    Come on Quicken!  As a user for several decades I expect support.  This is ridiculous.  The number of issues I have had over the past 12 months is simply unacceptable.  How do we escalate anything?
    Currently I have had issues with connecting to my credit union (fixed by deleting and re-instating each and every account with them), PayPal (completely broken, with a note that it is all Quicken's fault and not to talk to PayPal about it), and then I can't get the link with the Quicken Loans (now Rocket Mortgage) to work!  Seriously? 
    I paid for the 2018 Deluxe edition to make sure I wouldn't have issues...  very close to filing a complaint with BBB, and I'm going to start looking for a more viable (and probably cheaper) alternative if this doesn't change quickly.
  • Mark SMark S Member
    edited March 2018
    I received a callback from Quicken Support this morning. They claimed that after reviewing the log files I uploaded that the Rocket Mortgage loan was being reported as a $0 balance loan. Duh I said! The name and web connect info has changed somehow with the company reorganize. The useless rep said they would have to refer me to Rocket Mortgage since they are the one reporting the incorrect info.  Are you kidding me Quicken?!  Your software is the one that needs to be configured with the correct connect info to work, regardless of institution. Their end changed you need to update to accommodate. I swear if this isn't resolved in the next few weeks I will never buy another nor recommend another Quicken product ever again!
  • Buck YoungerBuck Younger Member
    edited April 2018

Hello all,

For the issues with Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage, please contact Quicken Support at 650-250-1900. They would need to collect some information for our FDS team.. 

You can also contact support via chat at http://www.quicken.com/contact-support/

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Harold - when is Quicken going to stop the run around and solve the problem? This is obviously not a high priority for Quicken as it does not take months to solve a problem like this.
  • Buck YoungerBuck Younger Member
    edited March 2018

Hi affleckc.

We are aware of issues with Quicken Loans not downloading transactions.

Please try again within 24-72 hours.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Well it has now been moths and no fix. When will this be fixed? Tired of run around and excuses.
  • edited October 2018
    This may sound stupid, but I chose to refinance our home with Quicken Loan, because I figured they would be one financial institution I wouldn't have problems with when it came to updating my accounts in Quicken. 

I was preparing to update my Quicken Software on the 2 year plan tonight when I realized my Quicken Loan was not updating.  Fortunately I was directed to this site.  I won't be updating. 
  • edited April 2018

Come on Quicken!  As a user for several decades I expect support.  This is ridiculous.  The number of issues I have had over the past 12 months is simply unacceptable.  How do we escalate anything?
    Currently I have had issues with connecting to my credit union (fixed by deleting and re-instating each and every account with them), PayPal (completely broken, with a note that it is all Quicken's fault and not to talk to PayPal about it), and then I can't get the link with the Quicken Loans (now Rocket Mortgage) to work!  Seriously? 
    I paid for the 2018 Deluxe edition to make sure I wouldn't have issues...  very close to filing a complaint with BBB, and I'm going to start looking for a more viable (and probably cheaper) alternative if this doesn't change quickly.

Darren...  When you find that viable alternative, PLEASE let me know what your switching to.

I've been using Quicken and Quickbooks for 20+ years, and I've been ready to switch for the last 5 years.

If I knew anything about software design, I believe I could make a fortune creating a similar software that worked and suppling support similar to Geek Squad support. 
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

This may sound stupid, but I chose to refinance our home with Quicken Loan, because I figured they would be one financial institution I wouldn't have problems with when it came to updating my accounts in Quicken. 

I was preparing to update my Quicken Software on the 2 year plan tonight when I realized my Quicken Loan was not updating.  Fortunately I was directed to this site.  I won't be updating. 

You're right.  It does sound stupid.  Quicken Loans, Inc. chose to license the name Quicken from Intuit, Inc. many years ago for the name recognition.  I guess they got you.

I suggest you convert the Online Activated loan into a manually maintained loan: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automat...
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • Gary MockGary Mock Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Hi VP-9885 et al..

Has anyone tried connecting to Rocket Mortgage using Express Web Connect or Quicken Connect on the Mac? Did that work? If not, I would contact Quicken Support at 650-250-1900 so that we can collect logs from your Quicken that shows the errors coming from Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage..

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Right now having a Rocket Mortgage is a real pain in the butt. I cannot make an electronic payment to Quicken Loans. They are forcing me to use the Rocket Mortgage site or snail mail or call the 800 number. Trying to pay Quicken Loans via Quicken 2018 via Chase Bank. It is a 5 day delay time which means Chase is going to cut a check and mail it to Quicken Loans.
    edited April 2018
    VP-9885 said:

Hi Harold - I don't have a Mac, so no, I am unable to try this.  One thing to note though, for an account setup, Quicken Loans is the only option one can choose to do the account setup.  This points to www.quickenloans.com.  There is no option for Rocket Mortgage.  And as I mentioned, Quicken Loans is now redirecting account access from www.quickenloans.com to www.rocketaccount.com.  Again, I point to, the need for the setup option to point to Rocket now that they have made this change.  Not sure how error logs are going to help that.

I got the same crap from Quicken Loans.
  • karenel1965karenel1965 Member
    edited April 2018
    Has this been resolved yet??? What in the world seems to be the problem?? I upgraded believing (stupid me) that the upgraded newest fancy schmancy version would be able to update my accounts, especially "Rocket Mortgage".  Shame on Quicken!!  What a WASTE of my money! Pretty certain I will be going elsewhere for my financial software needs (Oh wait, mint is free and they can update my information).  Hmmmm. 
  • edited May 2018

Hey Rob (and everyone else that is tired of the run-around)... you won't believe this!  I just started using Mint, and I think it is going to be everything that Quicken is no longer.  It is free, owned by Intuit (!), and it took me all of 10 minutes to connect most of my accounts and electronic bills.
  • jmnichjmnich Member
    edited May 2018

I’ve used Quicken and Mint for a while. Rocket Mortgage switch didn’t even affect my Quicken Loans account in Mint yet Quicken still can’t get it to work. Confusing as they are owned by the same company but yes you are right.
    edited May 2018

I set up Quicken Loans as an online account in Quicken 2018 and paid the Mortgage using Quicken but there was a 5 day delivery time per Chase Bank. That tells me Chase will cut a check and mail it to Rocket Mortgage AKA Quicken Loans. Any tracking of interest, insurance, principal, and tax will need to be manually entered into Quicken 2018. That is totally unacceptable. 
    edited May 2018

Gary Mock: I suggest you convert the Online Activated loan into a manually maintained loan: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automat...
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • jmnichjmnich Member
    edited May 2018

That is not the way it should be.
    edited May 2018

jmnich: Quicken, Mint, and Rocket Mortgage are not owned by the same company. That is the way it is.  
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • edited May 2018

Then Quicken should fix the automated tie-in that they created with Quicken Loans instead of pretending that nothing is wrong, or to stop telling customers that an acceptable solution is to force customers to make manual entries because they are incompetent and don't care.
  • edited May 2018

@sherlock, your suggestion is just sarcasm correct?
    edited May 2018

Darren McDonald:  My suggestion is not sarcasm.   In my opinion, a manually maintained loan account is superior to an online activated loan account especially for mortgages.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
This discussion has been closed.