Quicken 2016 Premier Win update to R 15.3

I am using Quicken 2016 Premier Win,  end April I got an update  R 15.3. (build 25.1.15.3) Since then  I have noticed few issues.

1.       The system has stopped taking automatic backup.  I didn't change any backup preferences, not sure how to fix it.  Last automatic backup date 4/27. 

2.       I added a new 401K account and  I tried to customize the current view ( right side, portfolio screen) change the order and move up the new account. But after log out and logs in it again goes back to the previous view and not saving the change order/view.

3.       Every time I exit quicken, it doesn't close I see a blue screen and have to go to the task manager to end it. Very frustrating

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser
    edited October 2018
    About #1;
    I bet you do File->Exit to close Quicken, try clicking on the red X in the upper right corner.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SamSam Member
    edited May 2018
    Closing via the File menu is very buggy in this release and will sometimes result in the program 'hanging'. This has affected other versions of Quicken for some time but now has somehow infected 2016. It's appears to be a NET run-time issue based on Windows' event viewer. What's that saying: "Two steps forward, one step back."
  • Robert ArmaniRobert Armani Member
    edited May 2018
    I think the auto backup frequency is in the Preferences. You software update probably threw it out, but you can always redo it.

As for the customization of the view, it has to do with your resolution.
  • LittleMastiLittleMasti Member
    edited May 2018

I think the auto backup frequency is in the Preferences. You software update probably threw it out, but you can always redo it.

Appreciate your advice though I didn't change any preferences but will try to reset and test again. Thanks again
  • SamSam Member
    edited May 2018

By default, Quicken will make a back-up after closing the program for the 5th time. If you're closing out via the file menu, the program is likely 'hanging' and no back-up is being made. Try exiting the program 5 times via the X at the top right and then take a look in your back-up folder.
    edited May 2018

You are absolutely right about resolution, Thanks for your advice.... appreciate your time.
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the support. all workarounds are working.