Budget updating will not work

I am trying to update amounts in my budget but it won't let me.  Plus now it seems I have to go to task manager to log out. I have the most recent Quicken.

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

To be able to give
    you a correct answer, we need to know what version, feature level and
    release of Quicken you are using.  An
    answer given for one product may not apply to the other.

Which version of Quicken do you have: Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows? US or
    Canadian version?

Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine
    year/version, feature level (edition) and release.

What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Tell us more about what you are trying to do in Budgets.

• edited May 2018
    I have the 2018 Version R8.8 Build 27.1.8.8 US.  For example the electric bill has increased so when I try to increase the amount in the budget column it takes about 10 or more clicks before it allows me to change it.  Lately I have given up on it. Hope I made that a little clearer.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I haven't counted the exact number of mouse clicks, etc., but the process of updating the budgeted amount for a category and copying it forward for the rest of the year for me is quite easy to do.

Assume I want to change the budgeted amount of Electricity for May and the rest of the year.
    In the Annual View mode of the Budget view I scroll down to the category and scroll right to the month of May.
    Click the Budget amount in the cell for Electricity / May
    Overtype with the new amount, press Enter.
    Click the gear icon in the Category name column next to "Electricity"
    In the popup select "Apply May budget forward to the end of 2018"
    Done.

Is that different from what you're doing?

When you exit Quicken, what function do you use to do so? Click File / Exit? Click the (used to be red) "X" in the upper right hand corner of the Quicken window?
    If you click File / Exit or do something else, try clicking the red "X" instead.