Investment account has no securities or cash but shows a negative balance

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
I have an investment account which has no securities and no cash balance.  However, the security value shows a negative value and the value is flowing through to the net worth calculation.  Any ideas on what is causing or how to correct?

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Brett, appreciate your question.

Which version of Quicken are you using? Is it for PC or Mac?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Quicken Premier 2016 on a PC
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I am having the same problem with Quicken 2017. When I try to close the account I get the following message: "This account has securities balances, please clear the securities...", however there are no securities, placeholders or cash in the account. This used to be a ESPP account. I used to have two. and I was able to close the other one without any problems. I tried to close it with Quicken 2008, 2014, 2015 and now 2017... I get the same error
  • Lori Rose
    Lori Rose Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have this same issue.  I transferred the entire account to another provider and the original account is showing negative shares with a negative market value.  I'm on the most current PC version R16.14
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Lori,

First, go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked. Then look at the old account. What transactions are there between when it had the correct holdings and balance and now? We don't need the amounts, just what the transactions are.

I suspect that the securities were both sold and removed or something.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.