security detail view share count wrong

njlwatx1
njlwatx1 Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
security detail view share count and investing tab share count are different ie transactions total 200 "security detail view shows 300 in holdings box --cost basis, gain, and % gain all have an * for value

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
  • njlwatx1
    njlwatx1 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Don't thick this is applicable, The portfolio view is correct, the Security detail view is where the * are in the "holding block"  and the number of shares is wrong. This first showed up after updating to Q 18 from Q 15

I have no placeholders in any of the accounts.

Also it appears it is only doing this if shares are held in one particular IRA  account, it is doubling the shares in that account
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

Don't thick this is applicable, The portfolio view is correct, the Security detail view is where the * are in the "holding block"  and the number of shares is wrong. This first showed up after updating to Q 18 from Q 15

Also it appears it is only doing this if shares are held in one particular IRA  account, it is doubling the shares in that account

The * indicates Quicken doesn't know the cost of some shares.  What is the type of the security?  Is it or was it held in multiple accounts?  Has the security split?
  • njlwatx1
    njlwatx1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

mutable types of securities, bond, stocks. munis, all securities in this one IRA are doubled in the "Security Detail View" but are correct in "Portfolio view" and in account reg.

The transaction history is correct inimage  the "Security detail view" but the dada in the "holdings blok is wrong.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

If it isn't caused by Placeholder transactions ... is it possible that you are missing or have one too many Stock Split transactions on record?

That sudden jump in share price on your image seems to indicate stock split activity.

• njlwatx1
    njlwatx1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

You can see where it took a jump by 100 shares for a total of 250 in holdings but no shares were added and transactions have only 150 shares
  • njlwatx1
    njlwatx1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

no split, Quicken is doubling all shares in the Security detail view, but not in the transaction for the DLL account only.
  • njlwatx1
    njlwatx1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

Quicke has all of The account data that was opened in 2001, my current broker only has data from 2016. I don't want to delete the account and start over. or reload all the data since upgrading to Q 18 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

There are two accounts shown in the image provided.  

The bounce in value on or about May 3 2018 indicates either a significant change in price history and/or an adjustment in the number of shares.

LMT share price did not changed significantly on or about May 3 2018 and there have been no splits over the holding period.

Note: Holdings includes hidden accounts while the Transaction History does not.
  • njlwatx1
    njlwatx1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    njlwatx1 said:

Thank you! Thank you. 

I found that data was being download into an old hidden account.  Online update was enabled for it by mistake. ALLS better now.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.