Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

sort by date

Richard10570Richard10570 Member ✭✭
Can't get bank accts, credit cards etc to sort by date

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Clicking on a column header will sort by that column.  Clicking a second time (not a double click) will reverse the order.

In your case, click on the Date column header.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Richard10570Richard10570 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Are you new to Quicken Mac 2015/2016/2017?

Welcome.

If you haven't done
    so already, please review these videos for more information about Quicken Mac

https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickenMac/videos

Getting Started with
    Quicken for Mac

https://www.quicken.com/support/getting-started-quicken-mac-2016

Are you new to Quicken for Windows?

Welcome.

Please read this for more information, some videos and a list of resources to
    help familiarize yourself with Quicken: https://www.quicken.com/complete-guide-getting-started-quicken-2017-windows

Help! (Quicken for Windows)

If you're unsure on
    how to do something, you can find more information about a specific task,
    function, feature or report in Quicken Help.

To access Quicken Help simply press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken (or
    click Help in the Menu bar, then click Quicken Help).

Use the Contents tab to see the available books in Quicken Help. Click on one
    of the books to open it. Click on a chapter to drill down to more
    details.

Or use the Search tab to search using keywords, e.g., "buy
    security".

Some Quicken view screens may have a yellow (or blue) button with a question
    mark. Click it to get view - specific help.

• edited October 2018
    I want to set sort by date to be common to all my accounts UNLESS I pick a different way to sort.
    having to resort every time I switch to another account, makes me waste time every time I use quicken.  This is fairly new "FEATURE (i.e. bug)" to quicken since I have been using it since the mid 90's.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017

I want to set sort by date to be common to all my accounts UNLESS I pick a different way to sort.
    having to resort every time I switch to another account, makes me waste time every time I use quicken.  This is fairly new "FEATURE (i.e. bug)" to quicken since I have been using it since the mid 90's.

Trying to make sure that I understand your message.

If you click on, say, the Payee column header in any account, and then switch to another account and switch back to that 1st account ... then the sort order in the 1st account has changed.  Or, same scenario, if you click on the Date column header in the 1st account ...?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • edited May 2018

Not sure, about 2 or three years ago, it started randomly switching sort.  It might be that I accidentally hit another column.  But for maybe 15 years I didn't have this problem.  Mainly I start to look for an entry and after scrolling 2 or three pages up I realize that the sort is in something other than date.  Might be that the default when I open it is last sort used.  I almost never sort by anything other than date on purpose.  I will use search instead.
    Fred
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Fred, what version do you have and Windows or Mac? There is a click through bug in Q2017 for Windows.
  • edited June 2017
    Running Windows 10,  Quicken version R6 build 26.1.6.1 
    Oh, cool, there is a bug that was created with the new SW that I bought that had no real improvements.  I think the programmers are now being paid to add problems.  
    The new menu that was introduced a few years back is also a pain in many small irritating ways.
    Oh well, If I find a replacement I will probably stop using Quicken, but of course the pain of moving to new SW is a large hurdle.  But paying to find new bugs makes it more appealing.
    Fred
  • JaneJane Member
    edited September 2018
    Has anyone found a solution that allows one to sort by date the register and make it stick?  I have 
    Win 10 and latest Quicken 2017 release (R15.13)...and yes, I have date dotted in the Preferences setting.  It just doesn't seem to hold.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Jane said:

Has anyone found a solution that allows one to sort by date the register and make it stick?  I have 
    Win 10 and latest Quicken 2017 release (R15.13)...and yes, I have date dotted in the Preferences setting.  It just doesn't seem to hold.

Jane,

Looks like you have
    "the click-through bug" on your system. Clicking a menu item
    "clicks through" to the underlying view or account register and
    changes something there, depending on where the mouse is at "click"
    time.

This appears to be a
    problem with only some systems on some Windows versions.

For Quicken versions prior to Q 2018 Release R 4 (US) ...

• Every time you start Quicken
      click Help in
      the Menu Bar then click Enable Accessibility and the Menu Bar access problem will go away
      for the duration of this session.

Keyboard shortcut
    for the above: press Alt-H, then press A

P.S.: To make it
    easier to recognize available keyboard shortcuts in menus, set a Windows option
    to underline shortcut and access keys: In Windows Control Panel / Ease of
    Access Center select "Make the keyboard easier to use", put a
    checkmark in "Underline shortcut and access keys". Click Apply, then
    OK.

This discussion has been closed.