Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Can't Connect to Financial Institution after Upgrade from 2014 to 2017

I'm unable to connect to my Financial Institutions after upgrading from Quicken Deluxe 2014 to 2017.  Error Message is that the Financial Institution has rejected the request because I need to upgrade to 2017 but I've just done that.  Is there problem with the upgrade/installation?

Comments

• EdEd Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hello Maria,

If you go into Help > About Quicken, What release version are you showing?  (i.e. R X(xx.x.x.x))
  • Sonya AllenSonya Allen Member
    edited May 2017
    same her reads unable to verify financial institution information

• Quicken TamaraQuicken Tamara Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If you have upgraded to a currently supported product version (Quicken Windows 2015 or newer) and are getting the message "Unable to verify financial institution information" when importing a QFX file downloaded from your banks website, try these steps to resolve:
    1. Go to Tools > Online Center.
    2. Hold Ctrl + Shift keys and click on Contact Info at the top of the window.
    3. Select the account name you're trying to import the QFX into.
    4. Select the Refresh Branding & Profile checkbox and click the Refresh button.
    5. Click the Update/Send button in the top right of the window.
    6. When this process completes, try your import once again.
    If these steps fail to resolve your error message, we would need you to contact Quicken Support so we can perform more troubleshooting and collect more info, logs, and files from you.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
  • Maria Sobol ParrishMaria Sobol Parrish Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Ed said:

Hello Maria,

If you go into Help > About Quicken, What release version are you showing?  (i.e. R X(xx.x.x.x))

Quicken 2017 Deluxe.  Version R6.  Build 26.1.6.1.  I also applied some type of patch that tech support referred me to this morning which also didn't help.  
    edited October 2018
    Update:  I've Reset all the Online Services Accounts.  Rebuilt the Database/checked for errors. Downloaded and installed some patch that tech support recommended.  Deactivated all the online services then re-added the accounts.  It still won't work.  Tamara:  error message is that the request was rejected because I need to upgrade my Quicken version (which I did).
    edited May 2017

same her reads unable to verify financial institution information

unable to verify is a different error message than the financial institution rejecting the request.  quicken discontinued online services for 2014.  mine expired; quicken shut down the online service.  I upgraded and quicken isn't recognizing the upgrade/sending the instructions to the financial institution.  What Tamara mentions below is probably best for the "can't verify" message.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Update:  I've Reset all the Online Services Accounts.  Rebuilt the Database/checked for errors. Downloaded and installed some patch that tech support recommended.  Deactivated all the online services then re-added the accounts.  It still won't work.  Tamara:  error message is that the request was rejected because I need to upgrade my Quicken version (which I did).

What is shown for the R# and (x.x.x.x)  when you do Help -> About Quicken ?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

edited May 2017

R6.  Build 26.1.6.1
    edited May 2017
    any chance there is some kind of batch process that updates the version that I upgraded to with the online services infrastructure?  That's what it feels like....  Quicken is blocking the attempt to reach the financial institution because it doesn't recognize that I've upgraded.
  • Don BoscoDon Bosco Member
    edited May 2017
    Same problem here...Morgan Stanley online continues to complain about Quicken 2014 after upgrade to 2017.  Deleted and recreated accounts to no avail.  All other accounts are OK after deactivating/reactivating, but Morgan Stanley is still dead.
    edited May 2017
    Don Bosco said:

Same problem here...Morgan Stanley online continues to complain about Quicken 2014 after upgrade to 2017.  Deleted and recreated accounts to no avail.  All other accounts are OK after deactivating/reactivating, but Morgan Stanley is still dead.

Here's the actual error message:

AS YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY NOTIFIED, QUICKEN HAS DISCONTINUED ONLINE SERVICES IN QUICKEN 2014. To reinstate these services (including downloading financial data from your bank, credit card, brokerage, mutual fund account, 401k account and/or online bill pay), you will need to upgrade to Quicken 2017. Please visit www.quicken.com/newdiscopolicy for more information.
    edited May 2017
    Got it fixed though the order of doing things was really specific.  Here are the steps:

1.  Make a copy of your Quicken Database (File\Save Copy As\Type in a name.  That new database name should display when you are in quicken now.
    2.  Rebuild/Repair the Database.  (File\File Operations\Validate and Repair).
    3.  Close/Reopen Quicken.
    4.  Deactivate All your Accounts at the Financial Institution that isn't updating.  (Tools\Account List\Edit\Online Services Tab\Deactivate).
    5.  Once Deactivated delete the Financial Institution Name and Account number for all of the accounts.  (Tools\Account List\Edit\General Tab).
    6.  Rebuild the Database Again.  (File\File Operations\Validate and Repair).
    7.  Re-Add the Account (Tools\Add Account).  Select account type and the Financial Institution.  Enter login details for that firm.  When it finds the account choose "Link" to link it to your existing account in Quicken.

And yes, it seems like I did most of this about eight times but rebuilding the database again after deactivating and deleting the financial institution name and account number must have done the trick.
    edited July 2017
    Don Bosco said:

Got it fixed though the order of doing things was really specific.  Here are the steps:

1.  Make a copy of your Quicken Database (File\Save Copy As\Type in a name.  That new database name should display when you are in quicken now.
    2.  Rebuild/Repair the Database.  (File\File Operations\Validate and Repair).
    3.  Close/Reopen Quicken.
    4.  Deactivate All your Accounts at the Financial Institution that isn't updating.  (Tools\Account List\Edit\Online Services Tab\Deactivate).
    5.  Once Deactivated delete the Financial Institution Name and Account number for all of the accounts.  (Tools\Account List\Edit\General Tab).
    6.  Rebuild the Database Again.  (File\File Operations\Validate and Repair).
    7.  Re-Add the Account (Tools\Add Account).  Select account type and the Financial Institution.  Enter login details for that firm.  When it finds the account choose "Link" to link it to your existing account in Quicken.

And yes, it seems like I did most of this about eight times but rebuilding the database again after deactivating and deleting the financial institution name and account number must have done the trick.
    edited May 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled If Quicken Online Services expire is there a delay after upgrade?.

If Quicken Online Services expire is there a delay after upgrade?  Got notice this morning that Quicken was no longer supporting Online Services for 2014 so I upgraded.  It's been 18 hours, still can't update accounts.  Four+ hours on chat support with quicken and they can't figure it out.  Is there a batch process involved to tell Quicken online services that I'm now on a current version?  My financial institution confirmed that there are not even requests for updates coming through so the stoppage is definitely on the quicken end of things.  
    edited May 2017
    Don Bosco said:

Thanks Maria!  This worked.  Sad that Quicken can't do a better job with this part of the upgrade, considering that most people are only upgrading to get their financial connections working again.  I remember having similar problems when I had to upgrade to 2014...
  • edited May 2018

If you have upgraded to a currently supported product version (Quicken Windows 2015 or newer) and are getting the message "Unable to verify financial institution information" when importing a QFX file downloaded from your banks website, try these steps to resolve:

1. Go to Tools > Online Center.
    2. Hold Ctrl + Shift keys and click on Contact Info at the top of the window.
    3. Select the account name you're trying to import the QFX into.
    4. Select the Refresh Branding & Profile checkbox and click the Refresh button.
    5. Click the Update/Send button in the top right of the window.
    6. When this process completes, try your import once again.
    If these steps fail to resolve your error message, we would need you to contact Quicken Support so we can perform more troubleshooting and collect more info, logs, and files from you.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support
    IT WORKED! Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.