Transer between accounts

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Quicken Deluxe for Mac 2018  (ver 5.5.7)

I sold some shares of a mutual fund. When downloaded, the proceeds show up as cash in that account. This is what I would expect and is correct.
However I can not seem to enter a manual transfer for that amount to the checking account it was sent to,  I do a new transaction, select Payment/Deposit and set the category  to Transfer with the desired checking acct. then enter the amount.  When I hit save, it reverts to a Sell catagory and no transfer is made.  How do I get the Cash from the Mutual Fund Acct to transfer to th proper checking Acct?  

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018
    Try enabling the Transfer column (menu View > Columns) and put the transfer account there.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

Try enabling the Transfer column (menu View > Columns) and put the transfer account there.

I have done that. Info in that column matches the Category column.
  • RickO
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

Can you post a screenshot of the transaction before you hit Save? Make sure the column headers are included in the screenshot.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

Hope I did this correctly.  Here is attempted entry in Mutual Fund Acctimage
  • RickO
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

Kenneth, It looks good to me. When you hit save, it reverts to a Sell with no transfer? That's clearly not right but I'm unable to duplicate it.

The only thing I can think to check is the setting "Allow creation of linked transfers using the category field" in Preferences > General. Try changing that setting and see if that helps.

If not, I think you'll need to contact support.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

I just re- downloaded the info from the Fund site and it updated and worked as it should.   Thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.