Sherlock, new info on posting date problem

frazld
frazld Member ✭✭✭
2018 H&B, R8.10, B-27.1.810
Sherlock this is in regard to our previous conversation
https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/reconcile-has-change-in-the-way-it-sorts-date-fr...
This Transaction is a bill pay at BofA. (not reoccurring) but the same amount.
The 1st one has a
Quicken Register Column Date of 4/23/18 & Register Column Posting Date of 5/18/18
and a BofA Date of 4/23/18
The Register Posting Date will not change by the Copy-CTRL method. you can enter the correct date but it doesn't change in the Register. & the correct date is there when you re do the Copy_CTRL Method but not in the register.
The 2nd one has a
Quicken Register Column Date of 5/18/18 & Register Column Posting Date of Nothing
and a BofA Date of 5/18/18.
The Register Posting Date will not change by the Copy-CTRL method. you
can enter the correct date but it doesn't change in the Register. &
There is there when you re do the Copy_CTRL Method.
I am using Direct Connection method.
I suspect that the Register posting date becomes confused when there are 2 Payees of the same amount and the Date & Posting dates that are downloaded at the same time while doing one step update.

Sorry just found another oneBofA Again a Bill Pay reoccurring Transaction
Transfer from checking to Credit CardChecking Register Date 5/14/18 & Register Posting Date 5/7/18- where did this come from?BofA Checking Date 5/14/18BofA Credit Card Date 5/13/18.And the checking Transaction doesn't show on the reconcile window with a closing date of 5/16/18 which is after any of the above dates.
Also the Quicken Register STATUS says Processed & Delivered by 5/13/18

Comments

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ frazld ,

Not Sherlock.

The problem you are facing, is when you are not downloading the Transactions at least weekly. The posting Date, isn't the date when you do the One Step Update, but is the Actual Date on which BofA clears the transaction online.

The First Date Column, is the Date you create the Transaction to be paid on for Checks uploaded to your Bill Pay Account. The Date, is also the Date in which you print out a check to be mailed by you.

The Second Date Column is the Posting Date. The Posting Date is when it posts to your Account at the Bank. That Date can never be changed.

What is happening is the Downloaded Transactions aren't being manually match, but matched automatically.

Switch it in Preferences, to not have Quicken Automatically add to banking registers, by unchecking that option.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• frazld
    frazld Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I don't upload checks to the bill pay account they are only downloaded thru One Step Update.
    The Downloaded Transaction Preferences is exactly the way I have it.
    Then where the heck did this date come from (Transfer from checking to Credit Card Checking Register Date 5/14/18 & Register Posting Date 5/7/18)
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I don't upload checks to the bill pay account they are only downloaded thru One Step Update.
    Then where the heck did this date come from (Transfer from checking to Credit Card Checking Register Date 5/14/18 & Register Posting Date 5/7/18)

Hi @ frazld ,

Honestly, I can't envision what you are doing.

Are you going online through BofA Website and paying your Bills there?

Are you manually entering what you are doing online into your Registers?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• frazld
    frazld Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Paying thru BofA Site.       No Downloading via One Step Update.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

frazld, you must be downloading transactions from BofA or you wouldn't have a Downloaded Posting Date for the transaction.

I understand from your description, you are entering your bill payments via the BofA website. Is your BofA account enabled for bill pay in Quicken? If yes, there are two points where the payment can be mismatched and get an incorrect posting date. The first is when the bill pay instruction downloads the bill pay instruction should be Matched to its corresponding register transaction if one exists. The second is when the completed transaction downloads. Again it should be Matched to its corresponding transaction. If you mess up either of these Matches, you'll get missing or incorrect posting dates.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.