Can't re-enable downloads (or re-add) Citibank accounts

13»

Comments

• WhatAmIMissingWhatAmIMissing Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This issue resolved itself (I did nothing except wait) by 1 AM EST today. I tried it again around 8:30 AM and everything, again, worked just fine.
  • moore_jackmoore_jack Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

This issue resolved itself (I did nothing except wait) by 1 AM EST today. I tried it again around 8:30 AM and everything, again, worked just fine.

I am unsure of your configuration, but using Quicken Deluxe for Mac, I am still seeing http 403 error for Direct Connect connection to Citi Cards.  And even though it generates the 403 (access forbidden) error, it then proceeds to download the past 90 days of duplicate transactions.

I can generate a new connection for my Citi credit card using a Citibank as the FI.  This works without error.  However, there is only an option for Quicken Connect when using Citibank.  I would prefer to use Direct Connect, which successfully worked for me until May 24 using Citi Cards as the FI.

Can you share your Quicken version, FI and connection method?
    edited May 2018
    J said:

I have 2 Citibank credit cards. One is AT&T Universal card & the other is Citibank Mastercard.  I haven't been able to download transactions on either since 5/24 & keep getting an "http 403" error message. I have Quicken for Mac 2017 Version 4.6.7 (Build 46.19238.100).  Based on the issues I experienced when upgrading to v4.6, I don't want to upgrade as it caused lots of problems. Deactivating the accounts caused lots of problems in the past so this is not a feasible solution. I don't have any issues with my Chase bank account.  In addition, I'm able to logon to the Citibank website without any issues. Just like last year, this is a Quicken problem which they need to resolve. I've Quicken for 20 years & it's been very buggy since last year especially after the mandatory upgrade in September.  Why can't the developers fix these issues? 

Harold,

Thanks for the response, but  it is incorrect that an HTTP 403 code means the request  never gets to the server.

The fact that you get an HTTP return code means your request arrived at the server.  The 403 code is a message from the server. This status code is defined in the HTTP/1.1 standard (RFC 7231).  
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-6.5.3
    The 403 (Forbidden) status code indicates that the server understood 
    the request but refuses to authorize it.
    If you want to see what happens when a request does not arrive at a server, try this.
    http://127.0.0.2/

Depending on your browser, you will see something like "This site can't be reached" (Chrome) or "This page can't be displayed" (Internet Explorer),  "Unable to connect" (Firefox).  That means you did not get anything returned from the web server.

As for the bank having server issues, that is entirely possible.  If the web server is misconfigured for authorizing requests from Quicken Deluxe 2018, that would explain why direct connect is getting a 403 error.

It is interesting that I can use other Mac software emulating earlier versions of Quicken, for example Quicken for WIndows 2013, and the Direct Connect downloads successfully.  That does suggest to me that it is a web server configuration error.  It suggests that the authorization failure is specific to certain versions of Quicken.

And it may not be coincidental that this occurred right before the go live date for GDPR, which was May 25.  Many websites changed configurations this week to ensure GDPR compliance.

best regards,
    Jack
  • Paul RoquesPaul Roques Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

Apparently it didn't resolve itself for everyone as I still have the issue. Note that some have had this issue for a few days but just yesterday it worked, without issues, for me...go figure. 
  • Ralph LuaRalph Lua Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Why is this thread showing as "SOLVED"? I am still having the very same issue. Same problem with Citi Card. Error HTTP 403 trying to Direct Connect to Citi Cards. I disabled downloads but can't reconnect. I get "Quicken cannot communicate with Citi Cards". It's been going on for 4 days now.

Quicken Deluxe 2018 for Mac, Version 5.6.1 (Build 56.22375.100), macOS 10.13.4
    edited May 2018

It remains unresolved for me as well, Using Quicken Deluxe 2018 for Mac, with FI Citi Cards, I continue to receive an HTTP 403 error when using Direct Connect.
    edited May 2018
    Ralph Lua said:

Why is this thread showing as "SOLVED"? I am still having the very same issue. Same problem with Citi Card. Error HTTP 403 trying to Direct Connect to Citi Cards. I disabled downloads but can't reconnect. I get "Quicken cannot communicate with Citi Cards". It's been going on for 4 days now.

Quicken Deluxe 2018 for Mac, Version 5.6.1 (Build 56.22375.100), macOS 10.13.4

I agree with Ralph, this issue is not "SOLVED".  Direct Connect to Ciit Cards generates HTTP 403.
  • Paul RoquesPaul Roques Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Everything seems to be good this morning almost as if nothing ever happened...I'm so confused
  • Perry GershonPerry Gershon Member
    edited May 2018
    Looks like Quicken or Citibank fixed the issue.  No more 403 error
  • Ralph LuaRalph Lua Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Well I'll be... It looks like the situation has been resolved! I was able to set-up downloads using Direct Connect and everything worked, no errors. Paul Roques is right, almost as if nothing ever happened. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging.

I too am experiencing the same direct connect problem.  For me it started last night.  Same issue with 4 different Citibank credit cards for 2 different people in 2 different Quicken files.  Consistently getting CC-295-A error code.  Resetting doesn't work and when I tried the deactivate/reactivate process it didn't allow me to set up the account, again.

It seems to me that Citibank is having some big issues with their website.  Last night, this morning and again this evening I logged in to the accounts on Citi's website.  The website was sluggish, sometimes causing me to repeat the log in process before actually letting me in and sometimes giving me a message that my log in access was suspended due to multiple bad log in attempts but not really blocking my access since I was able to log in right afterward. The kicker was the website for one account shows no transactions since my last statement "dated 5/26" which weird since today is 5/24. 

Per the link provided by mshiggins the issue has been escalated by Quicken to Citibank.  So I'll bide my time and see what happens.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Citicards stopped working with Direct Connect Today.

UPDATE:  This morning I was able to change the Sears-branded Citi cards from EWC to Direct Connect.  I then ran OSU and no errors were returned for all Citi accounts that I have.  It appears that Citi has resolved the issues for QW, at least for the accounts in my two Quicken files.  Hopefully the issues for QM will also soon been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.