Downloaded transactions window is empty

Unknown
Unknown Member
Using Quicken for Windows 2017 Premier version R15.13.

My Preferences setting for downloaded transactions has both of the "Automatically add" boxes unchecked. The individual account Online Services tab for the accounts involved is set to "Use the general account preference."

I initiate transaction download to banking, credit card, and investment accounts by clicking on the "Downloaded Transactions" tab in the account register, then pressing the "Update Transactions" button. Previously this caused the space in the lower part of the register to show the new transactions which could then be accepted if they match previously entered transactions or if they are legitimate new transactions. There was no need to use the Online Center. I have lost the ability to see the new downloads in the lower part of the register. They are correctly downloaded into the Online Center, but the "Compare to Register" button just switches me back to the register with the empty lower section where the transactions should be. The only way to get the new transactions into the register is to go to Preferences and check the "Automatically add" box. That moves the transactions into the upper part of the register rather than into the lower part where they can be reviewed and matched. Furthermore, when Preferences are set to "Automatically add" the register no longer has a tab for Downloaded transactions.

This change in behavior may have started when I did an update from version R13 to R15. How can I get back to the former system where downloading and transaction matching can be done from the lower part of the register using the "Update Transactions" button?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Have you tried downloading and installing the current Mondo patch for Quicken 2017?

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for your reply Lucille. No, I have not tried the Mondo patch. I don't know what it is. I have always updated using Quicken's Help>Check for Updates or by responding to the prompt that offers to update when I open Quicken. Could someone point me to a discussion that explains what Mondo patch is and/or why it is not part or a regular Quicken update? The link above explains how to install it but not what it is.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Thanks for your reply Lucille. No, I have not tried the Mondo patch. I don't know what it is. I have always updated using Quicken's Help>Check for Updates or by responding to the prompt that offers to update when I open Quicken. Could someone point me to a discussion that explains what Mondo patch is and/or why it is not part or a regular Quicken update? The link above explains how to install it but not what it is.

Donald, I think this Thread explains the Mondo Patch as best as any: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/what-does-mondo-mean-as-in-mondo-patch.
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

In short, the Mondo patch is the entire Quicken software package updated WITH the latest maintenance revisions and updates.

Installing it will overwrite your Quicken software with the entire updated software.

Updating through the Quicken software or installing just the maintenance patch will just add or change the current Quicken software.  Sometimes things get "mucked up" in the process of the appended files.

Personally, updating via the Mondo Patch is a much better more reliable process.

Give it a try and it may fix your issue.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018
    SOLVED! Thanks to Lucille and Jerry for suggesting and explaining the Mondo patch. The update proceeded problem-free. My investment and banking accounts now download properly into the lower part of the registers, as they had done before the problem recently appeared. Sounds like the Mondo patch is a good thing to have available for any future odd issues that may arise when an update is performed.
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

SOLVED! Thanks to Lucille and Jerry for suggesting and explaining the Mondo patch. The update proceeded problem-free. My investment and banking accounts now download properly into the lower part of the registers, as they had done before the problem recently appeared. Sounds like the Mondo patch is a good thing to have available for any future odd issues that may arise when an update is performed.

GOOD!!
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
This discussion has been closed.