Investment Name Change causes two entries for each ticker

James Burke
James Burke Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
QUICKEN Deluxe 2018 for MAC
Powershares PRF and PRFZ ETFs were name changed by INVESCO to this:
INVESCO EXCHANGE TRADED FUND TRUST INVESCO FTSE RAFI US 1000 
INVESCO FTSE RAFI US 1500A SMALL-MIDA ETF
The changes were downloaded by QUICKEN and all the transactions are under the new names. BUT the old names are still there with the same share amounts so now Quicken is double counting how many shares I have in the IRA. 
Quicken has no transactions under the old names but wants me to add transactions "unaccounted for" for those line items. 
How can I delete those old and double-counted same Ticker items with old names?

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hello James, appreciate your question.

If you look in your Transactions, do you see the original ticket symbol transactions/downloads?

If so, you can choose the old transactions and then click on the Delete key on your keyboard to remove them.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • James Burke
    James Burke Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    No double transactions. All transactions are apparently under the new name entries. Although it is hard to tell as duplicate names have been changed to new name by Quicken also.  Here's line items shown for PRF:
    INVESCO EXCHANGE TRADED FUND TRUST INVESCO FTSE RAFI US 1000   
    shares = 843.54955
    Transaction line items for 2012 thru 3/2018
    Then:
    INVESCO EXCHANGE TRADED FUND TRUST INVESCO FTSE RAFI US 1000 ETF
    Shares = 843.54955
    No transaction line items.
    Just one line below it that reads "add cost basis"
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    James, you can merge the two securities. Open the Securities window (menu Windows > Securities). Select both securities in the list using Command-Click. Then click the Merge Securities button at the bottom. Make a backup before doing this so you can go back if you don't like the result.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • James Burke
    James Burke Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I merged PRF and it did do that. However, I still have an entry for 843.54955 with line item "Add Cost Basis" So I still have a double count of shares. Transactions were matched against my download from eTRADE and I don't have any extra transactions in Quicken except the line item that Quicken has added which is doubling the share count.   
  • RickO
    edited June 2018

I merged PRF and it did do that. However, I still have an entry for 843.54955 with line item "Add Cost Basis" So I still have a double count of shares. Transactions were matched against my download from eTRADE and I don't have any extra transactions in Quicken except the line item that Quicken has added which is doubling the share count.   

Sounds like a placeholder transaction that may need to be deleted. See this for more info:

FAQ: What Are Placeholder Transactions in Quicken for Mac?
  • James Burke
    James Burke Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Solved! I looked through the transactions after Merging the two securities. That worked perfectly.  By then sorting for just this ETF name and looking through all line items for only this ETF, a weird entry was seen and I removed it. The line item for Add Cost Basis was dated 2007 - well before I ever bought any of this EFT (started in Feb 2012). Sorting within only this Ticker after merging made it fairly easy to spot this goofy entry.
    Thank You!
    ** How do I mark this post as Solved? **
  • RickO
    edited June 2018

The mods should take care of that automatically when they read your last post.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I would like to know how to spot is problem or stop it from happening
This discussion has been closed.