Calendar showing Account balances wrong from month to month

The current calendar month account balances are correct, but change when advancing to the next month. For example, this month is January. When I look at January's account balances, they are correct. Still on this view, I can see February's projected balances based on my scheduled transactions. These are correct. If I actually advance the calendar to February, the account balances are all wrong. This has been a problem since I got Quicken for Mac, but never was on windows. The account balances as of February 1st should be $200. Instead, it changes it to $1,400 (for example). Completely inaccurate numbers when looking at future months. I don't know why this is happening and it renders the calendar useless for anything other than the current month's information. I use the calendar to estimate future account balances for the coming weeks. Without this being fixed, I have to manually calculate these. numbers.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi Becky,

Do you have a question regarding this issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I would like to know if there's a way to fix this issue or if it will be fixed in an upcoming update.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm seeing the same thing Becky : and it's quite a bad place to have a bug since it exposes a user (that doesn't check Quicken's numbers) to bounce checks, or miscalculate transfers (if they assume the Calendar is correct) / I noticed this sometimes will happen if SPLIT transactions are included in the calendar. When altering those to be singular payments, then the Calendar balance would correct itself (but it really shouldn't be working this way) /
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    So, playing with the Quicken calendar entries a bit I'm finding (as I had noticed before) that this mis-calculation occurs if there is/are any SPLIT entries on the date that you are having trouble with. The person that noticed the balance was wrong at the start of the month (most likely) was paying their mortgage on that day and, if they set the entry up the way that I do, they use a SPLIT entry. You will find that if you move that SPLIT to a different date (and/or any other splits) that the balance shown will display correctly... the only circumvention I can think of is to un-split the entry (yes, defeats the purpose of having them) but it may be the split entry has some invalid values in it (negative the 'Adjusted' value is wrong and so that makes the entire calendar entry balance wrong) : If you correct it internally, that should normalize the calendar/daily/balance. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm having the same problem.  Seems like a pretty basic function.  Wonder why they can't get it right.  I don't see that I have any split entries anywhere near the dates that are in error.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018

Hi Becky,

Do you have a question regarding this issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Harold, did you ever reply to this?  I have the same problem and would appreciate some suggestions.  BTW I am using a Mac
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey everyone,

There is a known issue where, for example, I can see July 1st on the June calendar but when I tab over to the July calendar that balance on July 1st doesn't match the July 1st and this amount gets rolled over at some point and that's where the difference comes from

Can I ask that you upload some screenshots of where the balance is incorrect? This helps us to recreate the issue on our end.

I've seen this Calendar issue before, unfortunately my calendar isn't a good example to use as I have several scheduled transactions and transactions entered at a later date because I use projected balances so this skews the balances shown on the calendar.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018

Hey everyone,

There is a known issue where, for example, I can see July 1st on the June calendar but when I tab over to the July calendar that balance on July 1st doesn't match the July 1st and this amount gets rolled over at some point and that's where the difference comes from

Can I ask that you upload some screenshots of where the balance is incorrect? This helps us to recreate the issue on our end.

I've seen this Calendar issue before, unfortunately my calendar isn't a good example to use as I have several scheduled transactions and transactions entered at a later date because I use projected balances so this skews the balances shown on the calendar.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Hi, I can provide screenshots, but I am uncomfortable posting my calendar entries on the internet.  Is there any way I can send the screenshots to you privately?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Hey Debra,

You can go to Help and Report a problem and then choose 'Attach Additional Files' 

This information goes straight to development, you won't receive a response from development but this information will help us to investigate the issue.

This bug in particular seems to be contingent upon the data in the file and those can be difficult to research and come out with a universal fix and that's usually why it can take a while to correct.

Thank you for your patience and your participation!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Thank you.  I have sent an example where the calendar shows my balance on Sept 8 will be 11,340.10 when I view it from the August page.  When I move forward to the September page, it shows the balance that day will be 8984.88. ?!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018

Hey everyone,

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka

Yes, this is exactly what I'm experiencing as well. If additional screen shots are needed, I can attempt to send some of mine as well.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    OK all, I think i see what is happening here..... If you select "actuals only" in your budget view you will see amounts in future months (at least I do). So I said, how could I have an actual amount in a month that has not occurred yet?!?!? What it turns out to be is the amount calculated from your forecasted "reminders" amount for that account. So....your "reminder" amount is probably different than your "budget" amount for the future months and the difference between the two is included in the "Year End Summary" amount.
  • Amanda Hiemstra
    Amanda Hiemstra Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm having this problem as well. Very frustrating as I rely on the calendar quite heavily and it always worked perfectly when I had Quicken for Windows.

Also disappointing to see that this topic was initially posted close to a year ago and the issue still has not been resolved,

Quicken - do you know where there will be a fix for this issue?
  • robrawks
    robrawks Member
    edited December 2018
    This might be a long shot.

I'm having the same issue. What I discovered, is if you click on the gear in the upper right hand corner on the calendar. Select show investment changes. This fixed the issue.

I don't know why, but now my balances the correct balance of $3,454.51

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    robrawks said:

I'm having the same issue. What I discovered, is if you click on the gear in the upper right hand corner on the calendar. Select show investment changes. This fixed the issue.

Hey Robrawks,

Thank you for taking the time and contributing this workaround to the Community.

I have tested this on my end can see that this does indeed cause the balance to be correct on the calendar.

Unfortunately, I don't have an update to offer on when this will be fixed, but this problem has been acknowledged and has been passed up.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    robrawks said:

That did it!  Thanks so much!!
  • Larry Vance
    Larry Vance Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have been a user of the Windows desktop version of Quicken for many years so I am familiar with the product.  I use the calendar function as my primary budgeting tool to "look ahead" at individual account balances.  I recently upgraded to the subscription based Mac version of the product.  After importing my current (working) windows file into the new mac platform, the calendar balances are not correct month-to-month.  It appears the balance is being reset at the beginning of every month giving incorrect running balances in future months.  Is this a bug, an import glitch or am I missing something?  Incorrect month to month calendar balances do not give me confidence that other balances are being calculated correctly!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I have been a user of the Windows desktop version of Quicken for many years so I am familiar with the product.  I use the calendar function as my primary budgeting tool to "look ahead" at individual account balances.  I recently upgraded to the subscription based Mac version of the product.  After importing my current (working) windows file into the new mac platform, the calendar balances are not correct month-to-month.  It appears the balance is being reset at the beginning of every month giving incorrect running balances in future months.  Is this a bug, an import glitch or am I missing something?  Incorrect month to month calendar balances do not give me confidence that other balances are being calculated correctly!

Hello Larry,

What you are experiencing is a known issue with the Mac version.

The workaround to correct this is to click the gear in the top right and select 'Show Investment Changes'.

This should correct the balance on the calendar. 

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Larry Vance
    Larry Vance Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Thank you.  This appears to correct the issue. 
This discussion has been closed.