Creating 2 different budgets

bigalwood
bigalwood Member ✭✭
Two households, Two Budgets.

I have a rental house that I would like to see a budget for with only the bills and things for the house, and then a budget for MY house.

I can't figure out how to separate them out.

I am running Quiken Deluxe Version 5.6.2 on a MacOS 10.13.4

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    I don't really use the budget features, but I think you need to separate the two properties by category. That is, two sets of categories, one set for each property.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    RickO said:

I don't really use the budget features, but I think you need to separate the two properties by category. That is, two sets of categories, one set for each property.

Correct. Unfortunately, Quicken took out the ability to use Tags to do what you need, so that is the only alternative, other than tracking the finances for each in separate files. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• bigalwood
    bigalwood Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    *Sigh*  I think this is the only way too.  Thanks for the suggestion.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    RickO said:

The tag removal from budgets was actually a sound decision. When you have the ability to categorize and add multiple tags to transactions, it basically became nightmare use case programming scenario. Things were getting double, triple counted, etc. IIRC, it was less than one tenth of a % of users actually budgeted with tags, so that is why it got the ax.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    RickO said:

same argument can be used for reports...

There are solutions. I have presented a simple solution to it to the developers, that identifies to the user where there is double counting. We shall see if they do anything with it.  Can be applied to reports or budgets...

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.