OL 1 B error

123457»

Comments

• David AbbotDavid Abbot Member
    edited June 2018

It's not working for me.  I have logged in / out 6 times.  I also tried changing my password.  It keeps saying my Quicken ID, email and contact info are not set.  I am using Quicken Deluxe 2017.

It's your product guys how come you can't fix this right for everyone?  I am a developer, this makes zero sense, you sent an update out recently and that's what broke it!!  Roll back the update until you can properly figure out what you broke.

It's also keeps populating my Quicken ID with '$$$'  (Three dollar signs)

There's a 15.16 release? Why the heck aren't they making it available to everyone?

For those of us who are still stuck with software that doesn't work, it's time to face reality: Quicken has given instructions that fix this problem for most of their customers, and they're satisfied with that. They're willing to lose the rest of us as customers because our numbers are too small for them to spend any more time and effort.

For about a week there were a couple of Quicken employees responding to comments here and even offering to let people talk with the development team rather than the useless help desk, but I notice they've stopped doing that.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Everyone,

We appreciate your patience while we have been investigating this issue and working towards a solution.  A fix has been created that will be made available in staged releases.  

The first stage will roll to Quicken Windows 2016 Users in the R17.1 release.  If you do not receive a prompt in Quicken to install the update, it is also available via the Mondo Patch found at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

The fix for Quicken for Windows 2017 Users will roll next, once the 2016 release has completed, estimated to be within the coming week.  

Thank You to all those who worked with us on this issue, your help was instrumental in developing the solution for this error and greatly appreciated.

Sarah
  • Dave SwanDave Swan Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled OL-1-B Home & B 2017 R15.15 Needs new token every few days.

Needs new token every few days. I continue to follow Alex' procedure of 5/24/18 because it is the only resolution, but this cannot continue. PLEASE FIX THIS. The need to acquire a new token every few days means this is NOT A FIX.  Or is Quicken telling us it's time to move to Personal Capital?
  • Bob PedrinBob Pedrin Member
    edited June 2018
    SOLVED
    I called quicken support, it took awhile but we finally fixed it. Trying to remember exactly which attempt did it. I know I had to in one of the drop down menus hit ctrl alt shift at the same time to unregister then re-register. Might have been Tools 》Online Center 》hold ctrl, alt, shift down at the same time and at the top of the Online Center window hit Contact Info which opens another window. If that was it, I can't remember where from there. I was 1 1/2 hr with support. If you call the free support maybe mention this to the tech. He had to ask someone else about this problem. I mention free support as I called one place when I Googled Quicken Support that wanted to set up an account.

Take my advice, backup your file before starting. I backuped and made a copy of the entire Q2018 folder. It it helps my case # is 01869007
  • azabrunoazabruno Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken online error [OL--1-B], continues even after loading and reloading..

During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL--1-B], this continues and continues even after loading and reloading the software as suggested. Is this going to be fixed or is it just a ploy to make users upgrade to the latest version - again?
  • Bob PedrinBob Pedrin Member
    edited June 2018
    azabruno said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken online error [OL--1-B], continues even after loading and reloading..

During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL--1-B], this continues and continues even after loading and reloading the software as suggested. Is this going to be fixed or is it just a ploy to make users upgrade to the latest version - again?

See my post, I called support and we fixed this. I told them a whole lot of people are having this problem since the last update ... it is fixable. I tried all the recommended stuff, reinstalling patches, everything listed here. The problem has to do with registration. Make backups before calling the quicken support. It's free, there is an outfit saying there quicken support and want to charge you. I called (650) 250-1900 took almost 2 hours, but we finally figured it out and it works perfectly, my case number is 01869007
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Online Update causes Amex FSB lock up.

A stand alone online update of American Express Bank FSB causes 2017 R15.15 to lock up. This appears to be different from the OL-1-B issue
    edited June 2018
    Very strange. Was offered a v.16 update to H&Biz 2017 15.15 this morning & installed it. All Express Web Connect accounts suffered from OL 1 B error. So I logged out, shut down Quicken, reinstalled  on top, and now it's back to 15.15. The help menu 'check for updates' no longer offers a v.16 update. Very strange. Almost seems that y'all pulled back the update upon realizing it's not working properly. Regardless, OL 1 B is alive, well, and wrecking mayhem in the Quicken sphere.
  • Jack EpsteinJack Epstein Member
    edited June 2018
    Downloaded two patches, and the problem seems to be solved. Demonstrates Crosby's dictum "quality is free". Corollary "poor quality is expensive". Suggest that the management team above team leader responsible for moving the original update to production with insufficient testing forfeit half their 2018 incentive pay, and that those funds be used to reimburse customers (not me) who were pressed into service as part time analysts to assist in debugging the defective update. And, oh yes, that the impacted web update service be added to the update prerelease testing suite. Ciao
This discussion has been closed.