Accessing Quicken Account on Multiple Computers/Mobile?

Options
I am a newbie to this, so please be patient. I bought and installed Quicken 2018 for one reason which is to help manage/track my aging mother's finances. I installed and set up her profile on her computer and I have the mobile app (as does my brother) and have it installed on my home computer also. Now, I am not sure that changes I make on her computer is being updated/reflected on the mobile app. Did I miss a step (I have refreshed a few times.)?

Can I make any changes with the app or just view. (ie. when a check clears the account, I would like to go in and categorize the charge)

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Either you or your mom will have to sync from the desktop program to the Quicken cloud to make new data available to the mobile app and to make data entered/edited via the mobile app available in the desktop program.

You can make changes in the mobile app, editing transactions and/or adding new transactions.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ok. Thank you. I expected it would sync automatically.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

Ok. Thank you. I expected it would sync automatically.

You can set the desktop program to sync on exit.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Are you running Mac/iOS or Windows/Android? It has been my experience that ANY changes made with the Mobil App and synced tends to eventually cause havoc with the information on the desktop version, at least with MAC/iOS and also a few years ago when I used Windows. Always back up your desktop version before syncing any changes made with the mobile App or take your chances.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    mshiggins said:

Either you or your mom will have to sync from the desktop program to the Quicken cloud to make new data available to the mobile app and to make data entered/edited via the mobile app available in the desktop program.

You can make changes in the mobile app, editing transactions and/or adding new transactions.

Just keep in mind that the Mobile app is a companion to the desktop and so is not full featured and only gives visibility to cash, credit transactions and investment summaries. 

Note also that you will not be able to access her file from a copy of Quicken on your computer without making a full copy of her data file each time. There is no syncing possible between 2 desktop copies.

If you need more robust remote access, you would need to turn to remote access software to achieve that. We can offer info if that is what you need (Quicken provides no solutions beyond Mobile).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.