Error Using Quicken 2017, R15.15, and trying to sell stock shares

psmart20
psmart20 Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Using Quicken 2017, R15.15, and trying to sell stock shares. Only have 6 shares of this stock, received in two lots. One is 3.6, and other is 2.4, for a total of 6 shares. When I attempt to record a sale for all 6 shares, I get a popup saying 'Number of shares is more than available. Maximum shares on this security is 5'. It appears to not be counting the partial shares available. How can this be corrected??

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi psmart20,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community and I apologize that you have not yet received a response. 

If you haven't already, I would recommend reviewing https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-adjust-share-balance.  The steps in the article should help to resolve the rounding differences in the share balance.

I hope this helps and please let us know how it goes.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Another thin to check in cases like this is to make sure there are no hidden Placeholder transactions for this security which may be affecting the share balance.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions and make sure Show hidden Transactions is checked, then resolve any Placeholders as described in the Quicken Help.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.