Why do I keep loosing data after I enter it, close the program, and reopen the program later?

Unknown
Unknown Member
loosing data after closing the program and later reopen Quicken

Comments

• AP
    AP Member
    edited June 2018
    I won't be of any help....but I was having the same problem a few hours ago too, had to keep re entering data!
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hello Barbara, appreciate your question.

Which version of Quicken are you using? Is it for PC or Mac?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Next question (or two):
    - Are you sure you are opening the same data file every time or might you be opening an older copy from yesterday?
    - Is your register properly sorted by Date? To make sure that your register is sorted by Date click the Date column header once. Do you now see your new transactions at the bottom of the register?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Dear Harold, I am using Quicken for PC, version R.9.34, Build 27.1.9.34. I hope this is the info you requested.
  • Quicken Harold
    edited June 2018
    Hello Barbara, appreciate your reply.

Have you tried the recommended troubleshooting steps that UKR posted?

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Are you clicking save after making a transaction entry.? I have not lost any data except when I don't save an entry.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    WOODY, I AM SAVING THE ENTRIES BUT I THINK I AM GETTING CONFUSED WHEN SAVING, HOW DOES THA WORK EXACTLY?
  • Quicken Harold
    edited June 2018
    Hello Barbara, appreciate your infomation.

If definitely sounds like you need some assistance from our Quicken Support team so that they can walk you through the steps in ensuring that your data is saving correctly. 

You can chat with them 24x7 or you can chat with a Windows rep on Monday morning after 5am Pacific time.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Barbara, what Woody is suggesting is the method of which one saves a transaction.

1. If one has the Action Buttons  activated (via selecting the Gear Icon to the far right in the Account Register Header and choosing (clicking) on the Menu Entry of Action buttons), you will find on the New (Empty) Transaction Line to the far right a Button with the word "Save"

Now, do you save the New Transaction via this Method of selecting the Save  Button on the New Transaction line entry?

2. Another way of saving the New Transaction (which I utilize) is to press the Enter (Transmit) Key on your Keyboard. Do you use this method of saving the New Transaction?

Now if you utilized this method of saving the New Transaction via the Keyboard route, make sure  in the Preference Window (Menu (Edit>Preference...)) that the option of "Use enter key to move between fields" is not check-marked. 

To view that Entry in the Preference Window, select the "Data entry and QuickFill" Line in the left Column of the Preference Window where you can then see the above Option in the right Column. Again, make sure that the Option is not Check-Marked. Then select the OK  Button.

Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
This discussion has been closed.