Printing Portfolio Value w/o individual lots showing. Possible?

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Mac)
In Quicken for Mac 2018 is there any way to print the Portfolio Value display without having all individual lot purchases included in the printout?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Peegee,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

Are you just wanting a total of the Portfolio value?

Have you tried changing either of the filters?

I need a few more details to understand what you would to be removed.

Let me know!
    ~~~***~~~
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2018
    The Portfolio view printout includes all the transaction detail even when it is collapsed on screen. The product manager is aware of this issue. I expect a future update will make the printout display in the same expanded/collapsed state as on screen.

In the mean time, here are a couple workarounds:

1) Easiest: Switch to the Performance or Realized Gain views. Then adjust the columns displayed to include those you wish to see in the printout. These views do not show the lots and so will be more compact.

2) Harder, but more control: Export to Excel or Numbers. Add a column at the end with sequence numbers from 1 to the number of lines in the spreadsheet. Sort by the first column, which will put all the lot lines together. Select all the lot lines using shift-click and delete them. Then re-sort by the sequence number column you added to restore the original order. Finally, delete the sequence number column. You can also apply additional formatting to the spreadsheet according to your liking.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks.  Problem with workaround no. 1 is that it will not show cash or equivalents in the total.
This discussion has been closed.