Add Tax line item for 1040 line 29 "Self employed Insurance Deduction".

I note this question was put previously but I see no concluding answer to it from 3 years ago. Where can I find or add the Tax line item for 1040 line 29 " Self employed Insurance Deduction". There does not appear to be a tax line item for this in the list of tax line items supplied!
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello nanscuvel,

Are you asking a question about Quicken or Quickbooks?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    You are correct. That tax line is missing in Quicken and should be added to the Adjustments>Allowable S.E. Health Insurance Deduction section in Tax Planner.
  • myoda999myoda999 Member
    edited July 2018
    Same problem here.  I sure wish the new Quicken management would take care of some of these long outstanding problems.
  • hpllchpllc Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Agree with Markus1957 and utilize the same adjustment in tax planner.  To assist in reporting using the Tax Summary Report I added a group of categories under a category named: Insurance:Self Employed for Health, Dental and Vision.  Selected the Tax Reporting line item as Schedule A:Doctors, dentists, hospitals for each of the categories.  Not perfect, but the activity shows up in Tax Summary Report and can be transferred easily to the Tax Planner Adjustments to Income based on your personal situation based on the allowable deduction limits as it related to net SE Income. 
  • twsftwsf Member
    edited January 10
    This is a big, continuing failing in Quicken. It's a basic line in 1040 tax return (and an increasing number of americans are self-employed) - Quicken should have a corresponding category, appropriately placed.
  • ddkpeddkpe Member
    edited May 9
    Yes - Quicken needs to fix this ASAP!  Tax Planner - Adjustment to Income - Allowable S.E. Health Insurance Deduction has no available tax form line item for category assignment.  As a temporary work around, I am putting my self-employed healthcare premiums under under a new category and assigning it to Form 1040:Student loan interest (unused for me), so at least it shows up under Tax Planner - Adjustment to Income - Other Adjustments and segregated from our out-of-pocket medical expenses (in Schedule A:Doctors, dentists, hospitals).