Buy-Share's Bought; apply cash balance to purchase disapears when security is selected creating plac

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I want to record shares "Bought" and apply available cash from that same account to the purchase price. "Bought" shares is not reducing the cash balance used within the account when the security/ company name is already entered and selected, a duplicate name is not an option. Apply account's balance option disapears for new purchase of existing security. These are for manual entries of shares bought. Please advise. How do i apply the cash from the account used to buy securities?

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Chris, appreciate your question.

Which version of Quicken are you using? Is it for PC or Mac?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    Hello Harold, Is this the what you need: year: 2018 version: R9.34 build: 27.1.9.34
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Hello Harold, Is this the what you need: year: 2018 version: R9.34 build: 27.1.9.34

...and it is on a PC
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Hello Chris, appreciate your question.

Which version of Quicken are you using? Is it for PC or Mac?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

year: 2018 version: R9.34 build: 27.1.9.34 on a PC
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm having difficulty understanding your issue.  Is this for an Investment Account with a linked cash Account?
  • Matt Davis
    Matt Davis Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm having Same issue. I've reentered the transaction many times and wont reduce the cash even though I am choosing Bought and not Boughtx. Quicken. I have no placeholder entries in this Brokerage account Windows & PC
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The N/A is an almost certain indication that you have at least one Placeholder for the same security and a later date than the transaction with the N/A.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment Transactions and make sure that "Show hidden transactions" is checked. 

The Placeholders will have an Action of Entry and a gray background even if not selected.

see this FAQ for more info.

[Edit] added link

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-faq-managing-placeholder-entries-in-quic...
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.