2017 Quicken for Windows isn't showing recent security purchases entered manually in in investing wi

smfcpacfp
smfcpacfp Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I enter the transaction (a new security) as I always have in the transaction list, but it doesn't show up in the investment holding list.  I would say this started happening in the last month.  It doesn't seem to be a problem for dividends reinvestments for securities that I already have, or purchases of a stock that I hold in another account.  A lot of these transactions are short sales of covered calls, but it also happened for a recent purchase of ETF shares

Comments

• smfcpacfp
    smfcpacfp Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am using Quicken 2017 Premier version R 16.2
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If by "investing window' you mean an investment tab, portfolio view ... 
    Each portfolio view can be individually customized for the securities to be included.  Click the Customize button and make sure "all securities" or those specific securities are being included.  
  • smfcpacfp
    smfcpacfp Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Thanks q.lurker - that did work.  I can't remember changing that option.  I wonder if I will have to do that each time I add a new security?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Is this the same problem described here
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/when-new-stock-bond-added-quicken-losses-it

or did you successfully complete the Buy and then it is not recorded?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • smfcpacfp
    smfcpacfp Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I never considered the first issue to be a problem, just the way Quicken worked.  My problem was the second one and I mentioned q.lurker's solution worked - problem eliminated.  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    smfcpacfp said:

I never considered the first issue to be a problem, just the way Quicken worked.  My problem was the second one and I mentioned q.lurker's solution worked - problem eliminated.  

I'm glad problem #2 is solved.

However it is certainly odd that in QWin 2018 when you enter a Bought for a new security directly in the Transaction list, after Quicken looks up the ticker and you confirm and click Done, the Security and Action fields are blank and you have to select Bought again. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    smfcpacfp said:

Thanks q.lurker - that did work.  I can't remember changing that option.  I wonder if I will have to do that each time I add a new security?

I wonder if I will have to do that each time I add a new security?
    If the selection for the view (and each view's selection is independent) is set to all securities, any new securities will automatically appear.  If your selection is a subset of all securities, new securities will NOT be automatically added to the view.  At least that is what my recollection is telling me.   
This discussion has been closed.