Mr Cooper aka Nationstar Mortgage is no longer updating.

Just received the following from Mr. Cooper support... "Thank you for contacting Mr. Cooper.
We currently do not allow mortgage information to be downloaded into Quicken. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."

It was working until last month, when I believe they shutdown the Nationstar.com web site. My "solution" was to go back to the way I did it 20 years ago, and create a manual loan account in Quicken. Also deleted the existing Nationstar/Mr.Pooper account that I have been using for the past 5 years.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for reporting the issue and your solution.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • BKBK Member
    edited July 2018
    My Nationstar mortgage is still downloading, updating and is up-to-date as of July 10, 2018. Yes, every now and then I do get an update error (a week ago I did and ditto a month ago) but within couple of days it corrects itself and back in business.  My mortgage received its latest payment update on 7/10 and therefore I know it downloaded successfully and all figures are in sync. I am aware that the URL nationstarmtg.com is no longer active, so I can only guess that Quicken has made some workaround such as URL redirect etc.
    Also as a side note, I know someone who works at Nationstar's IT and I was told that although they prefer not to deal with Quicken downloads any longer, they have not killed it yet.  Further they did notify Quicken multiple times since a year ago of their name and URL changes.  So it is Quicken that has not complied unfortunately and therefore has added to their frustration with Quicken (and ours).  The person was not in the liberty to discuss their future Quicken download support plans.
    In summary Quicken is the culprit.

I have unchecked the OSU update setting of Nationstar and instead I now invoke its update manually once a month.
  • Tom RobertsonTom Robertson Member
    edited July 2018
    BK said:

My Nationstar mortgage is still downloading, updating and is up-to-date as of July 10, 2018. Yes, every now and then I do get an update error (a week ago I did and ditto a month ago) but within couple of days it corrects itself and back in business.  My mortgage received its latest payment update on 7/10 and therefore I know it downloaded successfully and all figures are in sync. I am aware that the URL nationstarmtg.com is no longer active, so I can only guess that Quicken has made some workaround such as URL redirect etc.
    Also as a side note, I know someone who works at Nationstar's IT and I was told that although they prefer not to deal with Quicken downloads any longer, they have not killed it yet.  Further they did notify Quicken multiple times since a year ago of their name and URL changes.  So it is Quicken that has not complied unfortunately and therefore has added to their frustration with Quicken (and ours).  The person was not in the liberty to discuss their future Quicken download support plans.

I have unchecked the OSU update setting of Nationstar and instead I now invoke its update manually once a month.

Thanks. Yes, I just tried re-adding the mortgage account to Quicken and it found it this time. Last week when I tried deleting and re-adding the account, it responded that Mr. Cooper reported no accounts for my username.

Appreciate the feedback and your note about un-checking the auto-update for the account. Meanwhile, I'm going to also keep the manual Quicken account I set up, just as a back up. 
  • BKBK Member
    edited July 2018
    BK said:

Tom, I am interested to know how to setup a manual loan account, given your experience and any tips.  I would appreciate your help at your convenience if you would please.  I am very technical and financial savvy but my past efforts in Quicken failed or too much work to get it right.  I could not figured out if I needed to link my payments from my bank account to the loan account or keep them separate/unlinked given that things always change (Quicken, lender, bank, etc.) and clearly a single bank payment does not separate principal, interest and any extra [optional] principal payment that I make.  So I figure keep them unlinked and do manual entries?  Thank you, BK
This discussion has been closed.