Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• Alex LuceroAlex Lucero Member
    edited July 2018
    tmonico said:

I am running version  9.34 and I am still seeing this issue. That is paying a reminder and it still shows up when I bring up the program later in the day or the next day.  This has also caused me to double pay a bill at least 3 times now.  It is very frustrating.

Has it really been fixed in 9.30?  and does 9.34 have the fix in it?

I enter the payment that is in my reminder list, all goes well it even disappears from the list when i hit save ...but as soon as i hit print they reappear as if they have never been paid. I have to ignore the reminder for it to go away....
    still irritated at what seems to me would be a simple fix for smart people who do this for a living.
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Another week passed with no updates from Quicken on this issue.

Can someone from Quicken PLEASE provide us with an update?

Days Since Issue Posted: 138
    Days Quicken Rep Last Posted to this Issue: 37
    Days Since Last Official Post on this Issue:  45
    Quicken Releases Since Issue Posted: 5
    Number of Replies on this Issue: 124 (8th highest in community)
    Number of Me Toos: 60
    Number of frustrated Users: Unknown
  • GLKNYGLKNY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Three days ago on 7/13/18 I paid an Eversource (Electric) bill and everything seemed to go fine.  It showed up in the checking account register, got set up as "payment ready to be sent, SEND NOW" and everything went well after the OSU.   As it should it got changed and it showed up in online bills as waiting for next bill.  Move ahead three days to 7/17/17 and the Eversource bill now shows up for the same month (July again), with a payment due in the amount that was for exact amount that was paid in April 2018 without a downloaded icon of the bill next to it (like it should).  I know Q is working on this, but just wanted to keep them updated as to what works and what doesn't.  FYI - I use Q2018 with Windows 10,  Version 9.34  Build 27.1.9.34
  • Shawn AebyShawn Aeby Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just updated to 10.10...paid a bill for August 1st...still shows as due August 1st after I printed the check!
  • LarryLarry Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    For what it is worth, I discovered a workaround that has continued to work for me now for two months of bills. 

After finding a duplicate in the register, open the "Bills & Income" tab and access both the "Bills, Income & Transfers" page and the "Projected Balances", go back to the register and the duplicates are gone.  Yes, opening that tab takes a disturbing number of seconds on this exceptionally fast machine.  And yes, the screen often fails to repaint correctly when switching between Bills, Income & Transfers view and the Projected Balances view.  But the duplicates in the register are gone. 

Trying to ignore or delete a duplicate randomly made things worse and stopped doing that months ago.  And while I find no value in the Bills & Income tab, went there to see what it contained after so many users spoke of it in this thread.  I only go there now after Quicken has created a duplicate in the register in order to make them go away.  Good luck!      
  • richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Just got upgraded to R10.11 Build 27.0.10.11 and believe it or not, Quicken has made things worse!

Bills & Income > Bills which always puts duplicate entries after OSU but were dismissible by "Refresh Bill" + having to adjust dates back to next month.  Now they persist even after Refresh Bill!

The only way I could make them go away was to delete the online bill and create it!  What the heck is wrong with you people over at Quicken?

I could see if this was just some annoying little bug but you guys are messing with people's finances here!  I wouldn't be surprised if we just got tired of your lies about fixing this started a class action lawsuit against you!
    Quicken 2019 Premier - Subscription - Windows 10 VM on a Mac ;)
  • ericweinerericweiner Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

Just got upgraded to R10.11 Build 27.0.10.11 and believe it or not, Quicken has made things worse!

Bills & Income > Bills which always puts duplicate entries after OSU but were dismissible by "Refresh Bill" + having to adjust dates back to next month.  Now they persist even after Refresh Bill!

The only way I could make them go away was to delete the online bill and create it!  What the heck is wrong with you people over at Quicken?

I could see if this was just some annoying little bug but you guys are messing with people's finances here!  I wouldn't be surprised if we just got tired of your lies about fixing this started a class action lawsuit against you!

This issue cannot be fixed without development testing. There are plenty of users here who would happily provide their files or work one on one with developers. Yet they dont even try to make contact. I struggle to understand how the developers cannot see these results when a user can in 5 minutes.
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

Every post is some form of rant. 
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

Unfortunately they don't see it that was especially Quicken Tyra
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited August 2018
    Okay updated to 10.11. No change paid bills still go back into reminders...
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

She (Tyra) took away 3 of my comments. Careful what you say...
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

Hi @ ericweiner ,

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/how-to-join-quicken-beta
  • Steve SSteve S Member
    edited July 2018
    I just look at the URL for this site and shake my head. Let me say that we ain't gettin' no satisfaction. Maybe they should rename the URL to http://nosatisfactionforyou.com

How terribly frustrating this is....
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    FM Wright said:

10.11 was to address crash and hang.

We are all waiting for the next monthly update to see if they finally figure out how to fix this.
  • Leo A LovelyLeo A Lovely Member
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

I had a productive discussion with Quicken Engineering on Monday. I demonstrated the issues that I have been experiencing, they validated that they have previously observed these issues, are currently working on developing a fix and committed to finding resolution. They apologized for the issues that I have been having.

Make no mistake, I am frustrated like many of us are, however ranting and complaining is not productive and will not help with fixing the issues. Please provide constructive feedback. Offer to meet with their engineering folks. You may find that you can gather more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. Good luck.
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

I agree, but it would be nice for a general update.  People have been asking for this for weeks......gee does that sound like a rant?
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

So they understand the issues. Why no fix in 5 months. Did you ask them that ior did yhe provide a timeframe for repair.
    edited July 2018
    richard13 said:

I will join the beta once the persistent issues are resolved.
    edited July 2018
    FM Wright said:

They should sprint and release weekly until stable.
  • tmonicotmonico Member
    edited July 2018
    FM Wright said:

they need to develop the process around sprinting and releasing since what they are doing now is not working. 

• KERRY MUNSONKERRY MUNSON Member
    edited July 2018
    FM Wright said:

yes, I agree.  Give us a little something to show that improvements are being made.
  • ScottScott Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Paid bills and Ignored bills are still displayed on the Bills dashboard.

Upon entering a bill as paid into my register, or ignoring it, the bill remains in my dashboard until I change the view from 14 days to 7 days and then back again at which time the list is updated.  
  • Greg SempleGreg Semple Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Online Bill keeps coming back OVER and OVER.

One of my Online Bills keeps coming back in the Bill, Income and Transfer view as Past Due after I've entered the transaction into my account days before. I've clicked Ignore and it comes back again the next time I run the Update. I have also clicked to Enter the transaction only to delete it but it continues to come back as a Past Due bill the next time I run the Update. 

What is wrong with this, why doesn't it recognize that I've already entered into the account?
    (Windows ver, 2018 Q Deluxe with latest updates)

This is just another example of a list of problems I've had with the latest version of Quicken. I'm very disappointed in the quality of this application. 
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

FWIW,  and update to share... I had a very good, interactive session with a Quicken Quality Engineer and Developer the other day.  I believe it was very helpful for them to see, first hand and unvarnished, some of the issues at hand.  

So, Quicken is actively working on these issues. There are obviously "ghosts in the machine" to address.  No less frustrating, I know.

We walked through the payment process for 2 manual bills, both with R9.34 and R10.10. Here is what we all saw and took away:

• Demonstrated R10.10 continues to have issues with bills and income feature.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill disappears from the stack view, but does not reappear when the "include paid" checkbox is marked.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill does not disappear from the stack view, nor does it appear as "paid".  Again, the "include paid" checkbox does not function as expected.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid and a date set in the "enter expense transaction" dialog, the date set changes to a different date in both the register view and when doing an OSU. IMO, a high priority issue as this could cause overdrafts to the checking account, causing bank and vendor fees to the end user.
    • Demonstrated an issue in "bill history" table where the date and amount of a bill does NOT match what was entered and sent.  Unknown as to where "bill history" is picking up this data.  
    We will schedule a followup testing session in the next weeks when updates are made available.

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    FWIW....To add to my original post above, I had a second followup session with Quicken development. They pushed a development version of QW to me to test with them.  Unfortunately, were not able to take a victory lap since the development changes did not address the issues that I had bulleted above.  In fact, there is another issue that came up re: calendar view (I had reported and illustrated on Page 4 of this thread (step 7, image 7).  Basically that issue is:
    • Demonstrated an issue where selecting the Calendar view in the drop-down spawns the Calendar with no income or expense entries or navigation controls to allow switching back to other views (such as stack view).
    To clear this error, I had to revert to a prior version of QW and restore a backup file.  Even then, I dare not to use Calendar view to avoid another risk of locking up!

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.11
  • edited July 2018
    All,

I have reduced the number of issues I am having by doing the following:

1) Start a fresh file.  This is a big deal BTW and took me a weekend to get everything back.
    2) Did not linked reminders to online bills

This is an unsatisfactory fix, but may help reduce a lot of frustrations and more importantly missing or double paying bills. Both of which have happened to me over the last few month.

If you decide to start fresh I would suggest going to "Bills and Income" and in the upper right corner go to "Manage Manual Bills and Income" go to the "All Bills and Deposits" tab and in the upper right corner select "Print List"  this will help with the setup in the new file.  The list will contain most of the information needed to enter your reminders (Not the accounts).  Save this file to a pdf and print it out.  It is important.

I did link two bills to Online Bills and I had the issues of duplicate bills on one of the two I link so I unlinked the bill and it has been relatively smooth sailing.  

Rant time:  This at least gives me the comfort to know that I am not going to miss or double pay bills, but, I am still paying full price for a program that I am able to use 50% of the functionality that is most important to me.

EDIT:
    BTW,  I do not print checks or use quicken bill pay
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

All,

1) Start a fresh file.  This is a big deal BTW and took me a weekend to get everything back.

This is an unsatisfactory fix, but may help reduce a lot of frustrations and more importantly missing or double paying bills. Both of which have happened to me over the last few month.

If you decide to start fresh I would suggest going to "Bills and Income" and in the upper right corner go to "Manage Manual Bills and Income" go to the "All Bills and Deposits" tab and in the upper right corner select "Print List"  this will help with the setup in the new file.  The list will contain most of the information needed to enter your reminders (Not the accounts).  Save this file to a pdf and print it out.  It is important.

I did link two bills to Online Bills and I had the issues of duplicate bills on one of the two I link so I unlinked the bill and it has been relatively smooth sailing.  

Rant time:  This at least gives me the comfort to know that I am not going to miss or double pay bills, but, I am still paying full price for a program that I am able to use 50% of the functionality that is most important to me.

EDIT:

Cumbersome for sure....
  • RubenRuben Member
    edited July 2018

All,

EDIT:

This worked for me too, I've been through a full cycle of bills without issue.
  • Steve SSteve S Member
    edited July 2018

All,

EDIT:

What about all your register history? I guess you lost all that? I can’t do that. I need the history.
  • edited July 2018

All,

EDIT:

it is not lost,  I have a file with the data in it.  If I need historical data I have to go to the archives if you will.

Like I said, not Ideal, but the most important thing for me is to pay my bills on time. and a forecast to make sure there is enough money in my account to pay the bills.
  • john stegengajohn stegenga Member
    edited July 2018

All,

EDIT:

Glad that worked for you - but if I'm going to start fresh it's not going to be with this subscriptionbased beta product, I'd jump over to moneydance and deal with having to set my schwab-one account up differently in their software...
This discussion has been closed.