Cash balance not showing in Investment Account after a sell. It is showing in the 'transactions pos

Options
FEF
FEF Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Cash balance not showing in the account after a sell. It does show in the 'transaction part but not in my investment tracking shares, price, current balance. How can I get this cash balance (in transactions) to show in my INVESTMENT ACCOUNT. I am using Quicken Premier for Windows 2018.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're saying here, so let's try this:
    Here's a picture of a brokerage Account transaction list, (Quicken uses "transaction list" when referring to Investment Accounts instead of "register" which is used in other Accounts), where I've sold shares of PG with proceeds of $4,000.  You can see the cash in the transaction list in the amount of $4,000 associated with the sale.

This picture also includes the Accounts "Holdings", (the window that comes up when you click on the "Holdings" button in the transaction list), and that, too, shows the $4,000 in cash. 

You seem to be saying that you DO see the cash associated with the sale in the transaction list but you DO NOT see the cash in the Holdings window.  Is that correct?
    Or are you saying that you don't see the cash in "Portfolio view" , (which you bring up by clicking on the Investment tab and then "Portfolio". 

Using these pictures and this transaction, where exactly are you seeing and not seeing the cash?
  • FEF
    FEF Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Tom Young said:

I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're saying here, so let's try this:
    Here's a picture of a brokerage Account transaction list, (Quicken uses "transaction list" when referring to Investment Accounts instead of "register" which is used in other Accounts), where I've sold shares of PG with proceeds of $4,000.  You can see the cash in the transaction list in the amount of $4,000 associated with the sale.

This picture also includes the Accounts "Holdings", (the window that comes up when you click on the "Holdings" button in the transaction list), and that, too, shows the $4,000 in cash. 

You seem to be saying that you DO see the cash associated with the sale in the transaction list but you DO NOT see the cash in the Holdings window.  Is that correct?
    Or are you saying that you don't see the cash in "Portfolio view" , (which you bring up by clicking on the Investment tab and then "Portfolio". 

Using these pictures and this transaction, where exactly are you seeing and not seeing the cash?

I found the cash listed in Portfolio view under "VALUE".  The Portfolio view under holding will not show cash in the account, but will show the correct cash balance in the transactions view of the account.  

I have since transferred out the cash to my checking account and from there it has been transferred to my Vanguard settlement account.  So, all is well and good!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Gene,

It's good to hear that your immediate problem is solved.

For future reference, in QWin 2018 if you want to see cash in an Investing Portfolio view, click on Customize and make sure that "No Security (includes Cash)" is selected in the Securities tab.

Note that in earlier versions of Quicken, even with this selection Cash was not included in the Portfolio views unless you grouped by Account. 
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.