We have temporarily suspended automated access from TD Bank to the Quicken® and QuickBooks® desktop

124»

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited July 2018
    Mary said:

I have deleted all of my TD Bank accounts and I am STILL getting that  pop-up: Important Message from TD Bank....  how do I eliminate this message or get it to go away???

Did you follow the procedure to contact TD Bank support while logged into your account, so they can re-enable you? Nothing you can do yourself in Quicken will re-enable your TD Bank access.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • MaryMary Member
    edited July 2018
    Mary said:

I have deleted all of my TD Bank accounts and I am STILL getting that  pop-up: Important Message from TD Bank....  how do I eliminate this message or get it to go away???

No because I didn't feel like taking the time.  I have a small balance there and didn't really care so I just deleted the accounts.    So now no accounts in my file but still getting the popup over and over and over again!  So annoying!
  • Matt BerryMatt Berry Member
    edited July 2018
    For the people getting frustrated about this issue.  I need to reiterate, there are 2 distinct problems here.    

If you have CC-501 errors:   Dont even bother to call TD bank, as you MUST deal with this Quicken problem FIRST.  I have outlined and linked to the exact fix for this problem in above replies, and it works for most people.     Take your time, go step by step, and fix All your CC501 errors (for all banks & accounts).    This one has nothing to do with TD bank, and any mention on CC501 errors are sort of muddying the waters.

Until you are free and clear on all CC501, calling TD bank to re-activate your connection for Quicken is just a big waste of time and massive source of frustration.     

From my perspective, people are conflating these two issues.     CC501 haunted me for like 6 months, even I was at the point of breaking as I had it on so many accounts its not funny.      But there is a fix for this issue, try it, have faith, and once you can do updates for all accounts with no CC501 errors, then and only then, should you try and fix your TD bank connection.  
  • BillBill Member
    edited July 2018

For the people getting frustrated about this issue.  I need to reiterate, there are 2 distinct problems here.    

If you have CC-501 errors:   Dont even bother to call TD bank, as you MUST deal with this Quicken problem FIRST.  I have outlined and linked to the exact fix for this problem in above replies, and it works for most people.     Take your time, go step by step, and fix All your CC501 errors (for all banks & accounts).    This one has nothing to do with TD bank, and any mention on CC501 errors are sort of muddying the waters.

Until you are free and clear on all CC501, calling TD bank to re-activate your connection for Quicken is just a big waste of time and massive source of frustration.     

From my perspective, people are conflating these two issues.     CC501 haunted me for like 6 months, even I was at the point of breaking as I had it on so many accounts its not funny.      But there is a fix for this issue, try it, have faith, and once you can do updates for all accounts with no CC501 errors, then and only then, should you try and fix your TD bank connection.  

What about the OL-221-A error in Quicken.  TD Bank tech support seems baffled.  They do not seem to have a solution, at least for me.
  • MaryMary Member
    edited July 2018
    Mary said:

I think I found the problem   I had a hidden TD Bank account.   I deleted that too and updated and it seems to have fixed the issue.   
  • John RockeJohn Rocke Member
    edited August 2018
    My downloads are working again after I called but it has been WEEKS now and I still get at least 7-10 pop-ups before downloading warning me about the "freeze".  How do I get the pop-ups to stop???
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    edited July 2018

My downloads are working again after I called but it has been WEEKS now and I still get at least 7-10 pop-ups before downloading warning me about the "freeze".  How do I get the pop-ups to stop???

Have you checked for any hidden TD accounts in your data file (often forgotten and overlooked)? If there are any, you need to correct those also.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(STILL using QM2007, Canadian user since '92)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    edited July 2018

Yes. I corrected all of them when I called TD to re-enable access after the security change.
    edited July 2018

The warnings pop-up before the downloads even start.  As soon as I press enter after entering my vault password the warnings pop up multiple times.
  • AholiabAholiab Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't know if this is a new problem, but I think it's related. I have Quicken updating on Quicken 2018 (had to call and talk to a real person a few weeks ago), but now TD will not allow my TD accounts to go to the cloud and my phone app. So, for instance, I can't enter a transaction when I'm on the road: I have to wait until I get home.
  • tomtom Member
    edited July 2018
    Pop ups are still holding up update.  Problem was solved by tdbank FOUR weeks ago, so when are the pop-ups going to be removed????
  • Mike RennaMike Renna Member
    edited July 2018
    tom: +++++++  Sooooo true!!!  Bu since something as simple as this is taking weeks to resolve, my issue isn't going to get fixed any time soon:

Who is using billpay through quicken to TD?  NOT the billpay that quicken offers and you'd pay extra to use. I'm talking of entering IN QUICKEN / QUICKBOOKS a transaction (enable billpay for the TD account and then you can type 'send' rather than check number in that column in the check register), then doing 1 step update, then you'll see the payee and check in TDs billpay website and them getting paid by TD?

Does it work for you? For all merchants?  YES billpay IS being offered now (although some TD reps do / don't know that).

We can pay landscapers, local vendors, etc where a check is mailed. BUT get errors when trying to pay a bank / utility.  I think that's because in quicken, you'd give the address to mail the check to AmEx, but when quicken talks to TD about this new payee, TD doesn't want to accept it because they would electronically pay it....quicken giving TD the address you typed confuses it.

I called TD and after getting to people that know that billpay is back for online banking, they say my theory why I have a problem on some payees is good, but they have no clue who to go to for that.

My work around:  Mangle the name you want to pay a bit when you type it into quicken so that TD doesn't recognize the payee as one it wants to electronically pay.  They'll mail out a check and maybe if enough of us does that and they see their postage costs go up, THEN they'll look into it.

Like typing Jerzy Central PL rather than JCP&L

PS Elect Gas rather than PSE&G

Those have been working for me and not so far off the correct name that the payee doesn't want / can't deposit the check. 
  • edited July 2018

TD Bank lost me as a customer over this.  I was with my branch since 1987.  No customer service lately.  I tried everything posted here and couldn't deal with the incompetence when I called to get their help, quicken was no help either.  I have a few months to dump them too.

TD was seeing me connecting.  I have since deactivated my accounts in quicken and can't reconnect at all.
  • jaanthudjaanthud Member
    edited July 2018

TD Bank lost me as a customer over this.  I was with my branch since 1987.  No customer service lately.  I tried everything posted here and couldn't deal with the incompetence when I called to get their help, quicken was no help either.  I have a few months to dump them too.

Once you're all deactivated and made a copy of the data file, open the copy and call TDBank to walk through the fix for the issues for you. they were able to help me. My other FI accounts still don't work, but at least the TDBank issue is fixed.
  • edited July 2018

While your comment is well intentioned it begs the question as to why we have to go through the drill in the first place. Why weren't TD Bank and Quicken able to craft a more customer friendly transition?? In my particular case I contacted TD Bank and I now have access to my TD accounts. BUT the instant I open my vault to update all my accounts the TD pop ups appear often three times in a row. That is simply unacceptable and there is no reason that TD or Quicken should make this my problem. They own this issue and they should fix it.
  • jaanthudjaanthud Member
    edited July 2018

Hey, I feel your pain. So many of us have spent hundreds of hours trying to fix it ourselves before ending up in the community help section. My problems started after I downloaded 2018, and calls to both TDBank and Quicken told me it wasn't their problem, to call the other. It is beyond me why Quicken didn't coordinate all this before releasing any updates. We're all pissed as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!
  • tomtom Member
    edited July 2018
    TDbank said today that the security issue was fixed 4 weeks ago and quicken needs to stop the popup. On Friday Quicken said the problem wasn't fixed and they would continue popup until the problem was fixed by TDbank.   Would love to be a fly on the wall at Quicken to see the chaos there that is creating this amount of miscommunication between quicken departments. For now how can you trust anything they say? Are they circling the drain??  
  • sjmsingsjmsing Member
    edited July 2018
    I created a separate question about the continuing popups. Quicken has posted several possible solutions which have not worked for me to date. You can find that thread here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/td-bank-popups-continue-after-download-problem-i...
  • edited August 2018
    Finally got an email from TD that they "fixed" their issue with Quicken and was able to finally download my transactions.  Unfortunately for them, I already moved all but one account to Chase.
124»