8/3/18: Quicken Mobile app update available

Unknown
Unknown Member, Employee

The Quicken team has been working hard on the new Quicken Mobile app. The refreshed mobile app is built on a new technology which will help enable us to provide you a seamless experience as you go across platforms as well as deliver regular ongoing updates.  These updates will include enhancements, bugs fixes, performance improvements and new features.  

Our first app (5.0.44) went live last week and we received some great feedback from you.  Many of you commented this is the best app yet and it’s a big step in the right direction. Others of you submitted bugs and thoughts on the new design.  We appreciate all the feedback good and bad. It’s this feedback that will help us provide you an app you love. 

To get the latest update:

iOS users: Go to the app store from your phone, search for "Quicken" and install the Quicken App.

Android Users: Update the Quicken App when prompted, or download the update from the Play Store.

Note: Do not uninstall the current Quicken Mobile App on your phone; having the app already installed helps ensure you will get the update.

We have been working on addressing your feedback and will be doing our first update this week. Some of the highlights in this coming update are:

Performance 

Loading & changing of the categories was taking some customers more than 10 seconds. We have reduced this by over 70%, so it should faster now. 

Balances

In our first release, we defaulted the balances in the app to the online balance. That was clearly a mistake. The Today’s Balance will now be the default. You can switch to the other balance types in the accounts view.

Related, some of you had reported balance mismatches with the desktop. We have found the issue and will have a fix out very shortly. You will not be required to take an update for this fix.

Passcode & Touch ID

Passcode and Touch ID should now be sticky for all of you. NOTE: for some iOS users, when launching the app you might briefly see the passcode screen flash before the Touch ID appears. There will be a fix for this in the next update.

Other bug fixes
  1. Done on transaction notes now means done. 
  2. Row 1 of a split item now changes when you enter the amount for row 2 (as long as you didn’t change the amount in row 1).
In addition to the above issues, we are actively working on addressing the following issues:

Budgets 

If you are using Quicken 2017 or 2016 desktop versions, we are bringing back the budgets on mobile for you in the August release.

Bank/FI Connectivity bugs

We heard you loud and clear that many of you are experiencing issues related to connecting to your banks. We are in the process of finding and fixing the issues. If you are facing these issues, you can help us expedite the fix by providing any detail you can think of – the FI name, screen shots, if it's working on desktop but not on mobile, if it's only one account that is experiencing issues or if multiple are having issues, etc. Please email the details to mobilefeedback- mobilefeedback@quicken.com. While we are trying to, we might not respond to every email, but I can assure you we are reading every single one. We thank you for this in advance!

For now, we are primarily focused on addressing the issues customers are facing with the app. We will soon be turning our attention to implementing all the ideas you have suggested such as customizing dashboard and account cards, smart defaults for accounts, payees and categories, and modifying the fonts throughout to be more user friendly. We can’t wait to get out of bug squish mode and in to bringing you delighters!

If you find issues in this release, please post the issue as a new comment in this post, submit feedback from the product, or email us at mobilefeedback@quicken.com.  We'll be actively monitoring for your feedback.

- The Mobile Team

Comments

• Conner
    Conner Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The Apple Ap Store only lists the old version of "Quicken 5.0.19" which I already have installed on my iPhone not the new release you noted above.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

The Apple Ap Store only lists the old version of "Quicken 5.0.19" which I already have installed on my iPhone not the new release you noted above.

I'm seeing 5.0.47 in the iOS App Store as of just now.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Conner
    Conner Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

I am on iOS Version 11.4.1 and in the AP store it shows Quicken 5.0.19 is already installed on my iPhone, no update available.  So I guess how and where are you seeing the update?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

In Quicken fashion, they have done staged releases... I suspect somehow this is the reason...

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Conner
    Conner Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

I wouldn't think staged releases would apply to Apples "App Store", but I could be wrong.  Will give it a little while and see if the update materializes. 
  • RickO
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

I agree, I don't think staged release applies in the the iOS App Store.

Conner... I'm on 11.4.1 also. Instead of looking in the Updates section of the store, try this: tap the magnifying glass icon and (Search) and type Quicken in the search field. When Quicken comes up, tap it and see what version is shown under What's New. 

It may be that iOS considers this a new app and you may have to delete and install fresh. I don't remember the old app's name, but was it called something like "Quicken Mobile" rather than just "Quicken" (which it is now)?
  • Conner
    Conner Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

Same versions shows in magnifying glass icon and (Search).  Typing Quicken Mobile still shows same version a noted above.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

Note "staged release" isn't something special to Quicken Inc or Quicken Quicken Desktop.

It is a very common practice.  Microsoft, Apple, and Google all release their software to customers in "stages".  As in they don't release to everyone at the same time.  They release to a certain amount of people at a time if for no other reason so that the servers don't get flooded with requests, and the download are slow for everyone.
  • RickO
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

Kind of a different situation with the iOS App Store since we're looking up listed app rather than requesting an update. This means Apple would have to be displaying the app according to AppleID. Doesn't sound right to me.

Conner... a long shot, but you could try force quitting the App Store app and see if it loads differently when restarted. If that doesn't work, I'd be curious to hear what Apple has to say if you give them a call or chat.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

For what it's worth, I do not currently have the mobile app on my phone, and when I look in the App Store, it shows me the one day-old version 5.0.47 as well.

Conner, when you look it up in the App Store, what happens when you click the Version History link? I see version 5.0.19 as 7 months old, and followed by 5.0.45 last week and 5.0.47 yesterday.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John
    John Member
    edited August 2018
    Conner said:

Thank You!  Although I have experienced problems in the latest update I thank you for making progress!

Thanks
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

Quicken Mobile app version 5.0.47 and USAA connectivity error

Connectivity Error with USAA accounts.  When I swipe to fix it, I am prompted to enter my USAA credentials.  I have tried repeatedly but get the following error each time. “Login Error - Try entering your login credentials again. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at USAA Federal Savings Bank to ensure they are correct.”

I can sign directly into USAA no problem.  My desktop version of Quicken (Mac) connects to my USAA accounts just fine.  I have tried turning mobile sync on and off and removing then adding the accounts back to the mobile sync (Quicken - Preferences - Mobile & Alerts - Accounts).  I have also tried resetting the cloud account (Quicken - Preferences - Connected Services - Reset). This appears to be a bug in just the Quicken mobile app.

What is the fix?

• JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    LBUCK said:

Connectivity Error with USAA accounts.  When I swipe to fix it, I am prompted to enter my USAA credentials.  I have tried repeatedly but get the following error each time. “Login Error - Try entering your login credentials again. If that does not work, try entering them on the website at USAA Federal Savings Bank to ensure they are correct.”

I can sign directly into USAA no problem.  My desktop version of Quicken (Mac) connects to my USAA accounts just fine.  I have tried turning mobile sync on and off and removing then adding the accounts back to the mobile sync (Quicken - Preferences - Mobile & Alerts - Accounts).  I have also tried resetting the cloud account (Quicken - Preferences - Connected Services - Reset). This appears to be a bug in just the Quicken mobile app.

What is the fix?

Per USAA: Use Direct Connect method, enter your USAA number when prompted for a User ID, User Name, Online ID, Customer ID or something similar. Then, enter your four-digit USAA PIN when prompted for a password.

That is talking about on the desktop, but I assume it applies to the mobile app as well so for username enter your USAA number and for password enter your USAA PIN. These are NOT what you use to log in to usaa.com.
    -Jay
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Quicken Abhishek I am not sure how aware you are about this but there is a list of IDEA threads posted on GetSat specifically for feature requests for Quicken Mobile. The instructions on how to pull it up can be found here:  List of Requests for Quicken Mobile Features. If you have not already done so, you may want to have a look.

Note: there are some "ideas" that have been posted as Questions or Problems so are not properly tracked, but this list is a starting point.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    LBUCK said:

What is the fix?

That is what I tried. This appears to be a new problem with this version of Quicken mobile only. The mobile app does not let you choose your connection method. I have tried every combination of USAA member number and user name with PIN and password. As I stated, I can connect with the desktop version without any problems. This is a bug with this version of Quicken mobile.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I have looked at all previous posts with related issues. This is a new issue with this version of the mobile app. I have looked here and with USAA for possible solutions. I posted this new topic because this is a new problem.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Received the update request for 5.0.47 on the iPAD. while doing the download it did not request any security info which is normal on most app updates. issues are plentiful, data not syncing correctly, multiple duplications on CITI CCRDS.Some of the duplication is caused by different categories being assigned to a transaction. No option to delete the duplicate transactions on the mobile app for these accounts. Checked a manual account on the app..data is accurate  & the transaction screen offers an option to delete a transaction if desired. Data on some of the screens is clipped, that is the bottom of the lettering is not available.

Using V5.0.19 on the iPhone, data also not accurate but different than what is shown on the iPAD.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Thinking about this for a few minutes over a cup of Java decided to turn off the sync on the desktop, close the program & reopen..Activated the sync and did the up date again. data on both iPad & iPhone now correct!..Don't quite understand why that was necessary but no need to fight City hall.

So the issue which remains is the data shown as clipped on the iPad using 5.0.47. titles ie cash & credits, today's balance & the $$ are clipped
  • whistlingwood
    whistlingwood Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Just got the update for my Android and found that the single most useful feature of the old app (for me) is gone! I can't find any way to access the list of uncategorized transactions. My wife and I used that list every day. Transactions I didn't know about I would enter and leave uncategorized, then she could clarify them using her Iphone at her leisure. Is the list hiding somewhere, or is it possible to downgrade?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken cloud sync on new app - Balances are way off.

With the new app, there are 3 balance types. None of those balances match the quicken desktop amounts. Upon each attempted sync, the balances become more and more incorrect. The transfers seem to be doubling and tripling within the app only. Attempted to fix with new file, reset cloud data, reinstall app, reinstall quicken, contacted quicken chat (no help), and reconcile/re-sync. Nothing is working to fix the balance discrepancy that started with the release of this new app.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Ran into similar issues this AM as a result of the new mobile app, re syncing, etc. Most of the issues occurred with Citi Card accounts  for some reason duplicate non reconciled transactions were downloaded. I was able to locate them quickly as a result of reconciling the accounts..Did not make sense that all of a sudden May transactions show up. deleted duplicates..
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Q18, Balances change when I setup sync for mobile.

I’ve spoken with numerous support persons with no resolution yet. Quicken 2018 - I noticed after the latest Mobile App update that the balances didn’t match my accounts (at bank or desktop, desktop matches). As I attempted the various solutions recommended, I discovered the problem was bigger. When I logged out of the ID at my desktop then attempted to reestablish the sync, each time that I do my balances are changed (it is duplicating transactions in various accounts). So I logged back out, restore my backup and stopped the madness after several tries in this binary loop (of attempt and restore). Do not understand why this link/sync would modify my account activity on my desktop.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    jimmy said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Q18, Balances change when I setup sync for mobile.

I’ve spoken with numerous support persons with no resolution yet. Quicken 2018 - I noticed after the latest Mobile App update that the balances didn’t match my accounts (at bank or desktop, desktop matches). As I attempted the various solutions recommended, I discovered the problem was bigger. When I logged out of the ID at my desktop then attempted to reestablish the sync, each time that I do my balances are changed (it is duplicating transactions in various accounts). So I logged back out, restore my backup and stopped the madness after several tries in this binary loop (of attempt and restore). Do not understand why this link/sync would modify my account activity on my desktop.

Hey Jimmy,

I have moved your post to this article so you can follow the progress on the incorrect balances in the mobile app.

We are aware and are working on a fix that will be available soon.

Thank you for your patience and taking the time to come to the community and voicing your concern and giving us feedback.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Quicken Abhishek, Nice to see this kind of direct engagement from Quicken Product Mgt.

Scott

2018 QW HBR r10.11
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    jimmy said:

The mobile app is also continually requesting user names and passwords for various accounts when syncing , even after they have been entered numerous times before.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member, Employee
    edited August 2018
    jimmy said:

Hi there,

We are working on fixing this. We should be resolving this soon.

Thanks
    Abhishek
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    It appears that the mobile app has been rolled back to the previous version on the Google Play store. New download of the app results in the old version. 
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    On my iPhone yesterday I saw an update for Quicken Mobile, update went fine. Changed one Credit Union account from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect and no errors. Wife did not get an update, contacted Quicken chat and was told to delete her Quicken Mobile app and redownload, and now she has the new version. Although both Checking account balances (Mine and Hers) seem to be the only account balances that don't match the desktop. But I see that is being addressed. Nice to see an update on the Mobile app.
  • JayBugs
    JayBugs Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Tom, to what app version did you and your wife update? It is newer than 5.0.47?
    -Jay
  • Tom11
    Tom11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    5.0.47 (38.11059.4012)
This discussion has been closed.