R11.16 Update to Quicken 2018 Windows

124»

Comments

• mtn_livingmtn_living Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    This patch has hosed hundreds of transactions in my brokerage cash account which now read [unspecified account] instead of the linked brokerage account. I guess my only choice is to reinstall Quicken and go back to a backup from before the update. This is a total disaster.
    edited August 2018
    Just called for technical support. The first call disconnected. The second the tech person says their phone system doesn't allow them to hear me despite no one else having a problem with hearing me on same phone today. THIS IS HOPELESS.

edited August 2018
    The technical support person I finally got through to was useless. He had never heard of the patch 11.16. Suggested "can't you just recategorize the transactions? Umm, hundreds and hundreds of transactions.
  • PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I feel your pain. I vote for installing an earlier Mono patch to get you off 11.16 which probably won’t fix those transactions but verify anyway. Then revert back to earlier data file backup.
    edited August 2018
    Just finishing up reactivating all my online transaction connections to credits cards, brokerage, etc.  Redownloading, etc. Had an 8/1/2018 backup that is working fine with reinstalled Quicken. I will never, ever auto install patches again. I ran a verify on my file just to make sure it didn't screw things up again and all is fine so it was definitely the patch that hosed my data.

• PhilipPhilip Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Happy to hear!!

I backup my data file every time I close Qwicken and save daily copies for at least 30 days. I then purge the backups keeping the latest 30 and the 1st of each month back for about a year or so. You never know. I also never apply a Quicken update on an un backed up data file, so, never in the middle of a session.

The Quicken development team, of late, are very sloppy. The good developers must have quit when Quicken split from Intuit. Customer support is very very weak as well.
  • Roger EversonRoger Everson Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Just updated to r11.18. Seems much better, but not exactly good.  Still slow, but takes about 15 seconds to open the Bills and Income tab, not 20 minutes. Only had it installed for about 10 minutes, Still poking around.
    edited August 2018
    Someone from Quicken customer service called me yesterday to apologize for release 11.16 damage. Said they had reviewed the support call I had and apologized for the cluelessness of the support person I talked to. Saud they would be working on training. Wanted to make sure I was back up and running. Classy move.
  • Richard SturgeonRichard Sturgeon Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    when I went to update my financials it said there was a update but when I went to do it said there was not update????? I am back at version r 11.11
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hello All,

The freezing/hang issue when opening the Bills tab has been fixed with the R11.18 hot fix patch that is currently in staged release.  If you have not received a prompt in Quicken to install this update, please create a back-up of your Quicken data file and then visit https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows to download and install the Mondo Patch to update to the R11.18 version.

Once installed, please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with slowness or hanging and bills.

Thank you!

Sarah
  • abcquickenabcquicken Member
    edited August 2018

Hello All,

The freezing/hang issue when opening the Bills tab has been fixed with the R11.18 hot fix patch that is currently in staged release.  If you have not received a prompt in Quicken to install this update, please create a back-up of your Quicken data file and then visit https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows to download and install the Mondo Patch to update to the R11.18 version.

Once installed, please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with slowness or hanging and bills.

Thank you!

Sarah

I just installed the 11.18 mondo patch and it has resolved the issue with loading the Bills & Income tab for me.  Thanks.
    edited August 2018
    Lol, after 11.16 disaster I’m waiting a couple of weeks before installing anyway future patches. I’ll let others do the field debugging first,.
  • dearl.goldendearl.golden Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hello All,

Thank you!

Sarah

Does this patch also address the noted issue of the “check number” field and the “reconciled” flag being cleared after performing an update?
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hello All,

Thank you!

Sarah

They say it addressed that:

• Fixed: An issue where, in some cases, check numbers were deleted when trying to sync Quicken desktop and mobile devices.
    • Fixed: An issue where opening the Bills dashboard took longer than expected​.

• Beijing MacBeijing Mac Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I just upgraded to R11.16 and when I try to go to BILLS & INCOME, my Quicken stops responding. Have to use Task Manager to force Quicken to close. Happens everytime.

recommend you don't use the cloud option and mobile app.  Not a good history there.
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

I just upgraded to R11.16 and when I try to go to BILLS & INCOME, my Quicken stops responding. Have to use Task Manager to force Quicken to close. Happens everytime.

Agreed Beijing Mac. I am on R 11.18, and I am still seeing issues with duplicate transactions in the mobile app. I disabled cloud and mobile account, and will wait it out until it becomes reliable.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • John AdamsJohn Adams Member
    edited August 2018

Hi All,
    Thank you so much for submitting your information!  We've reproduced the issue and are working on a fix; we'll update this thread with more information as it's available--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn

Quicken Katherine - I'm the one who complained several weeks ago that with the release of R10.10 my subscription 2018 was showing over 57 transactions as uncategorized.  Clicking on the uncategorized link these would show for a fraction of a second - not sufficient time to read.  In fact they did not exist.  I reverted back to 9.34 which eliminated this problem.  I'm now running 10.11 on two other computers as a test using the same data file.  One computer shows 15 uncategorized and the other computer shows only 2 uncategorized transactions (same data file).  You might remember that you had me upload a sanitized version of my data file - to which you reported the file was highly corrupt and I needed to rebuild my data file.  Subsequently went to Quicken chat - they requested a copy of the file and saw nothing wrong with it.  The only bugaboo is the indication of uncategorized transactions beginning with R10.10 but otherwise the data file and program works fine for all of my included accounts.  I'm wondering if since casting me off to rebuild my data file Quicken has come up with a fix - or am I the only person complaining about the uncategorized transaction problem?  I did initiate a data file rebuild but so many of the accounts were inaccurate - I quickly discarded it.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hi All,
    Thank you so much for submitting your information!  We've reproduced the issue and are working on a fix; we'll update this thread with more information as it's available--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn

John Adams - Quicken Katherine - I'm the one
    who complained several weeks ago that with the release of R10.10 my
    subscription 2018 was showing over 57 transactions as uncategorized.

I wonder if you would be better served to copy your posts into a NEW thread that is very specific to this anomoly with R10.10....  vs the other bugs being investigated.  Might also do a search and see if the topic of "uncategorized transactions" has been encountered prior to Q2018 - R10.10 -

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • John AdamsJohn Adams Member
    edited August 2018

Hi All,

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn

Thanks - i'll try that
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Hi All,

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn

Yeah - it looks like the topic has been in the forum for years -
    but only recently really hit the fan with Q2018 - R10.10 -
    Not sure I have ever seen this happen.... even with my transactions that don't have a "category" assigned, so not sure how it looks or is exhibited as an "error"
    Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10