account shows 37 transactions but only 2 are showing

Q 2018 one account shows "37 transactions" and all had been entered, but only 2 are showing; help!

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Check the filter set at the top of the register. Are you using Windows or Mac and which version?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Windows 10  I did check the filters and all were set properly; thanks.   I just rechecked and went from all transactions to "increase" many more populated.  When I changed to "decrease" none indicated.  And, when all, only two populate until I move the cursor down the field.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Windows 10  I did check the filters and all were set properly; thanks.   I just rechecked and went from all transactions to "increase" many more populated.  When I changed to "decrease" none indicated.  And, when all, only two populate until I move the cursor down the field.

What "increase" and "decrease" are you talking about?  WHERE in Q do those buttons appear.

While we're very knowledgeable about Q ... we're NOT mind-readers.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

There are three drop down boxes:  All Dates, Any Type, and All Transactions.  I checked on all transactions, then increase and then  decrease, and all transactions again.  When I go back to the default, "37 transactions" shows below the window, and only three populate, and i have to click on a blank line to get that.  When I tried yesterday to add the most recent transaction, which should be much lower in the "register", the table wouldn't take it.  Sorry this is so late in getting back on line.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

There is NO button named Increase (nor Decrease) in a banking/card account register. WHAT are you actually clicking on?

Is it one of the triangles (sometimes called "arrowheads") in a Column header?  If so, which column.

If you could post a snapshot of what you're seeing, it would help.  The Windows Snipping tool (in your Win Accessories folder) works well for this.

When you've taken the snapshot, you can insert it into a message here by clicking on the CAMERA icon below.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Sounds like she is clicking on the filter controls at the upper left of the account register.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Except she says that there's 3 drop down boxes "All Dates", "Any Type" and "All Transactions" ... THEN she says "increase and decrease".

Neither Increase nor Decrease are options in any of the 3 dropdowns.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Increase and decrease are filter values, I believe in the "Any Type" filter.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

> "Increase and decrease are filter values, I believe in the "Any Type" filter.

Correct, mshiggins, but only if you are looking at Asset accounts.
    The values used in the "Any Type" filter dropdown appear to be using the names of the columns in the register used for
    - Payment, Deposit
    - Charge, Payment
    - Increase, Decrease
    - etc.
    again, depending on and varying with the account type of the open register.

Now, let's try to get back to the original problem ...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

1) Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to
    ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly.

What is the exact
    release number for your version of Quicken?

If clicking on Help / About Quicken does not show one of the following you are
    missing required software updates and, for older versions, possibly the
    required Intuit ID to Quicken ID conversion:

Quicken US version:

-
    2016 ... Release R 17.4 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- 2017 ... Release R 17.2 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- 2018 ... Release R 10.11 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows

Quicken Canada
    version:

-
    2016 ... Release R 7 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2016-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

- 2017 all users should have been updated to 2018 already

- 2018 ... Release R 4.4 *, https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows

( * minimum required
    release number, may be higher, subject to change without notice)

Please do this even
    if you are on the latest release already:

Locate the US or Canada Mondo Patch
    file applicable to your version of Quicken in the links above.

Download it and save it to disk.

Open the Downloads folder. Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click
    "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.

This will replace any Quicken software modules with a known consistent release
    level and, hopefully, eliminate any software corruption or errors during
    installation as a cause of this issue.

Reboot Windows when
    done with the above.

2) Validate

Validate
    your Quicken data file. It may have become damaged over time or if you ever had
    crashes, hang-ups or loops while running Quicken. Repeated crashes may
    eventually render a data file "broken beyond repair".

Please run this
    procedure, skipping no steps:

- Make a copy of
    your data file: Click File / File Operations / Copy.  Do not change any Copy Option settings. Save
    file under a new name in same folder as current Quicken data file.  (The Copy process appears to be performing a
    record-by-record copy of the data file and not just a simple binary image copy.
    This has been reported as recovering some otherwise not repairable files)

- Open the copied
    file in Quicken.

- Click File / File
    Operations / Validate and Repair. Click "Validate File" and
    "Rebuild investing lots", check to make sure the copied file is being
    validated. If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your
    problems, also select "Delete investing price history".  Click OK. Let it run.

- Fix any errors
    logged as not repaired by Quicken.

- Click File / File
    Operations. Press and hold SHIFT+CTRL as you click Validate and Repair. The
    next popup should show "Supervalidate" somewhere in header or text.
    Click "Supervalidate File", check to make sure the copied file is
    being validated, click OK. Let it run. It might run for a while.

- Again fix any errors logged as not repaired by Quicken.

- Now close and
    restart Quicken using this new file and try your failing action again. If it
    works, keep using the new file and abandon the old one.

3) If after all the above the problem still persists, please show us an image snapshot of the problem register.
    Can
    you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window
    showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the
    image.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window on the webpage you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U
    S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Thank you all for all you did to help me with this.  I had forgotten about this due to other more pressing personal issues.  Came upon it this morning.  Verified that Q is now working properly. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.