Transfers not calculated

Ghassan Alfaqih
Ghassan Alfaqih Member ✭✭
I am using Quicken Home Business Rental 2018 on Win10 Enterprise. Once again, the last update broke something, which seems to be the norm. Regarding transfers from one account to another, and certain deposits; the transaction appears in the target account, but is not calculated in (added to) the balance until you restart Quicken. Very strange. I have also had the transaction only appear in the source account but not the target account, again until restarting Quicken.

Comments

• Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It is strange, but you don't need to exit the program. Just click on Sync and it'll update.
  • Ghassan Alfaqih
    edited August 2018
    Appreciate the answer, however that was never necessary previously - it occurred automatically. So in my view, this is yet another inconvenience. If actions must be invoked manually, it diminishes the overall value of the application; other value understood.
  • Robert Armani
    Robert Armani Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    True, I agree with you. However, while they're working on fixing the issues we need to look for shortcuts so it does not affect us that much.
  • Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Alumni ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hello Ghassan,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your transfer transactions. In order to further investigate this issue and in an attempt to reproduce it, please confirm your Quicken version and build (Help > About Quicken). Please also provide detailed steps regarding how you are entering these transactions (are they manually entered, or are they imported/downloaded into Quicken?). Screenshots are usually helpful as well, but please be sure to hide or remove any personal information from the screenshot for your privacy and security.

Thank you,
    Alex
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Transfer Issue.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bug in R11.18 - Transfers are Broken.I enter a payment from checking to another account, for example a payment from checking to a credit card account. I select the account in the Category field e.g. [Credit Card 123]. The transaction is posted to the checking account ledger but it is NOT posted in the credit card ledger. This was broken with the R11.18 patch; it has always worked previously. It is supposed to record the transaction in the destination account [Credit Card 123] but is no longer doing so. I have been using Quicken since around 1993 and consider myself a power user. Please fix this !!!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: R11.18 completed today and now have trouble printing my bank reconciliation.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

Update: This is working now. Despite not getting errors in the validation except for a damaged transfer transaction in 2006, running the validation seems to have fixed the issue. I tried the suggestion from "Snowman" (make a backup of your data file then go toFile>File Operations>Validate and Repair and select the "ValidateFile" option and click OK.Also make sure that you are using the Transfer option (check # column)). Thanks for the help. - Len

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Transfer Issue.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018

Update: This is NOT working. It turns out, that I now have to run "Validate File" EVERY TIME I pay a credit card for the payment to appear in the credit card ledger. I enter a payment in Checking for a credit card. It does not appear in the credit card ledger. I then run Validate File. Then it appears. I am now using TXFR but I do not think that is related to the issue, nor does it make sense to categorize what is legitimately an EFT as a TXFR. I have reproduced this behavior 4 times in a row now. This broke with R11.18.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Transfer Issue.
  • Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Alumni ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hello All,

I have successfully reproduced this transfer issue today. I have reported the details to our Product Developers as a high priority issue, and hope to have updates very soon.

I appreciate your patience while we work to fix this issue, as well as your diligence in bringing this to our attention.

Sincerely,
    Alex
  • Ghassan Alfaqih
    edited August 2018
    Thank you Alex.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This problem appears to affect any any transfer to a Banking account. Here is a more detailed description of the problem:

-- Go to the destination account and note the Ending balance.

-- Go to the source account and enter a transfer, then go back to the destination account,

-- Observe that the Payee and Payment or Deposit amounts are correct in the destination account, but the Balance column and the Current and Ending Balances are not re-computed. The balance shown next to the new transfer transaction and any other transactions below it are the same as they were for the transactions that were previously in that spot. 

-- If the new transfer is the last transaction in the accouint, it does not show up at all in the destination register. 

-- If there are one or more transactions in the destination account after the new one, the Payee and Payment/Deposit for the last transaction in the register have disappeared. 

-- In addition to the methods described above, re-sorting the destination register by clicking twice on the Date header for example forces the balances to be re-computed and the problem disappears.

So this is a problem with the register display, not with the underlying data. 

This problem was apparently introduced with QWin 2018 R11.18. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It appears this issue is resolved in QWin 2018 R12.15
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ghassan Alfaqih
    edited September 2018
    Oddly, immediately after upgrading to R12.15, I made a transfer as a matter of course, and it appeared in the target account, but not calculated in the balance until I restarted Quicken. I just tested a transfer and it appears to be working fine. Thanks for the clarification.
This discussion has been closed.