How to upload transactions to banking account in quicken, over 10,000 records, don't want to do it m

I need to upload my 2016 banking transactions, and don't want to manually enter thousand of transactions. Is there any way to do it automatically? Else, are there any products that could help? I have quicken 2018. THANK YOU!

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Download older transactions (Q Windows only)

Depending on how
    much data the banks offer, you may be able to download older transactions from
    most banks. Here's more about how to do it:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/faq-download-old-transactions

I recommend you start a new separate Quicken data file for this task and not mix 2016 transactions in with your current 2018 transactions.
  • edited October 2018
    My bank doesn’t support downloading transactions ser than April 2017. Will you have another option? Thank you!
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

My bank doesn’t support downloading transactions ser than April 2017. Will you have another option? Thank you!

Are you just now starting with Quicken?  Do you already have new transactions in your Q data file?

And, why to you need to download into Q transactions that are over a year old?

BTW, if your bank won't let you download anything older than April 2017 ... where, besides typing, do you expect to get those older transactions in order to load them into Q?

Assuming that you're a brand new Q user, I'd just declare 1/1/18 as my start date ... and only download transactions from then to now.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm afraid all you can do is start typing transactions, one by one, for the transactions before April 2017. I hope you have retained good paper records for 2016.

Let's see if someone else chimes in with another idea. I'm fresh out.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If you have PDF versions of the monthly statements, there are third party programs (generally not free) that could "read" the PDF files and generate QIF files to import.

For the QIF file import, see this thread: Edit QIF -manually 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited August 2018

Hi! Actually, nope, I just hadn't updated my quicken for 2016. It's current on 2017 and 2018, but it's just 2016 that I'm trying to upload. Would you know of any other ways?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

How about "just forgetting about them"???
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

;-)
This discussion has been closed.