Add Personalized Budget Categories

Options
I would like to be able to change the names of our budget categories or else this purchase is a total waste. Is this an option in Quicken for Mac? Example instead of Amusement, I need a category called Golf. Thank you!

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    From main Quicken home menu, click "window" from upper browser bar, then "catgories" then edit using lower left controls
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The categories available for budgeting must be previously created in your Q data file.

To create new categories, do TOOLS, Category List and then click "New Category" in the upper right of the Category List.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    markrauch said:

From main Quicken home menu, click "window" from upper browser bar, then "catgories" then edit using lower left controls

Thank you so much. It wasn't intuitive for me to check the window menu and I had exhausted all my options in the budget window!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    markrauch said:

Been there, done that.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options

The categories available for budgeting must be previously created in your Q data file.

To create new categories, do TOOLS, Category List and then click "New Category" in the upper right of the Category List.

There is no TOOLS menu in the Mac version ;-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.