Account totals value on left side doesn't match amount in main screen

Options
Paul S
Paul S Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
The amount in a couple of investment account totals on the left side doesn't match the total value for the account breakdown on the main screen.  Everything with the price values and the security amounts are all up-to-date.

So, why don't these two numbers match?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Options
    There are two possible reasons for this:

1, The date in the "Price and Holdings as of" box, top right, is not today's date (can't tell from your screenshot).

2. (more likely) The performance view does not anticipate that you are looking at account totals. Therefore, they chose not to show the cash in account in this view. If you switch back to the Portfolio Value view, I think you'll see the totals agree and that the difference is the cash balance in the account(s).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Paul S
    Paul S Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!

On #1 - It says, "Updated Today 9:17AM"

On #2 - I switched to "Portfolio Value", the cash showed up and viola!

Opinion - They should put the cash in the "Performance View" because holding cash impacts your performance; plus or minus depending on direction of market and time period being analyzed.

Thanks!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Paul S said:

Winner, winner chicken dinner!!!

On #1 - It says, "Updated Today 9:17AM"

On #2 - I switched to "Portfolio Value", the cash showed up and viola!

Opinion - They should put the cash in the "Performance View" because holding cash impacts your performance; plus or minus depending on direction of market and time period being analyzed.

Thanks!

One point of clarification re #1 (even though that wasn't the problem)... it's not the "Updated" date/time I was referring to (which is the last time that quotes were downloaded). Instead, I referred to the "Price and Holdings as of", which lets you choose a past or future date to view your holdings as of. The sidebar always represents today's value and if the "as of" date is different, then they would not agree.

I agree...I don't see why not to include cash in Performance view when the Market Value column is displayed. I think it's probably just an oversight since the Market Value is not a default column for this view. I'd suggest using menu Help > Report a Problem to report it to Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.