Mobile Transaction Sync to PC enters as Cleared

When you enter a transaction on mobile and sync to your account, it now enters that transaction as a "TRANS" and in Clear column enters a "c", when it should enter it as blank.  This problem has started about 10 days ago. 

Normally when you enter a transaction on your mobile, you sync it to your PC.  Then on your PC you should be able to sync to your PC and the transaction would be on your account. 

The transaction should look just like a manually entered transaction; in the check # column should be blank in the Clear Column it should be blank.  Later when you download the bank and it was cleared at the bank, it will show clear in the "Clear" Column.....

Now when you sync a transaction from the mobile it enters it as a TRANS in the check column and in the CLEAR Column it enters a "c".  That should not happen and it is causing a reconcile problem when you download from the bank to the PC....

I think something must have happened recently such as a update....

Comments

• Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Alumni ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hello William,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and apologies for the trouble. I've just manually entered a transaction into my mobile app, synced, and returned to my desktop. Once synced on the desktop, the transaction came through and the reconciliation column is blank.

As I am unable to reproduce, please provide additional information such as your Quicken year, version, and build, as well as your phone version, and your Quicken app version. With more details, we might be able to reproduce and confirm this is an issue we need to work to resolve.

Thank you,
    Alex
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Hello William,

Thank you for taking the time to post, and apologies for the trouble. I've just manually entered a transaction into my mobile app, synced, and returned to my desktop. Once synced on the desktop, the transaction came through and the reconciliation column is blank.

As I am unable to reproduce, please provide additional information such as your Quicken year, version, and build, as well as your phone version, and your Quicken app version. With more details, we might be able to reproduce and confirm this is an issue we need to work to resolve.

Thank you,
    Alex

Note Quicken Alex here is another user that has reported this problem:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/withe-new-iphone-app-now-every-time-i-enter-a-transaction-on-iphone-it-shows-on-my-computer-as-cleared
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    My PC Version is Quicken 2018, (Release R 11.8).  My Phone is a Samsung V8+ Android version 8.0.0, Samsung Experience version 9.0, Android Security patch level July 01, 2018.  Quicken Mobile Version 5.0.35.6114.  By the way what happened to the update for Budgets to be back on the mobile version. 

Right now it is a annoyance but can be corrected by changing it to a blank.  Although this did not happen until about 10 days ago.  And I see other people starting to talk about it...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I am also experiencing the exact same issue.  I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ Android SM-G965U, Android version 8.0.0, Samsung Experience v 9.0, Android Security patch level Aug 1, 2018.
    Quicken Mobile App version 5.0.35.6114.  
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    5.0.35 is an old app version, and has known issues similar to what is being described. I am running 5.0.49, which is on staged release. When is Quicken going to release 5.0.49 for general release?
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

5.0.35 is an old app version, and has known issues similar to what is being described. I am running 5.0.49, which is on staged release. When is Quicken going to release 5.0.49 for general release?

5.0.35 is the CURRENT release of the mobile app.  5.0.49 has, apparently, been held up since several problems were found with it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Well, 5.0.49 works much better than 5.0.35 ever did, IMO. I have not noticed any serious issues with 5.0.49. There may be some, but still much better than the very buggy 5.0.35.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I am having the same problem as well.  I am using an iPhone on iOS 11.4, Quicken Mobile 5.0.49 and Quicken on my PC is Quicken Premier 2018 R11.18.

This is more than an annoyance to me as it fundamentally alters how I clear and reconcile transactions on a regular basis with my bank and CC online banking.  Please fix this so it goes back to coming in blank, not cleared.  Thank you.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I'm also experiencing the same issue. All entries made on my mobile device except for the oldest one automatically shows as reconciled when synced with the desktop app. You need more than one entry to see this problem. I'm also a Quicken 2018 subscriber with the latest version of the mobile app and desktop app available. I'm running the mobile app on IOS and the desktop app on Windows 10. I have to make sure I get my desktop app updated with the mobile information (and set it to Uncleared) before the bank reconciles the entry or I receive the record twice. Not fun and not accurate banking.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Hello William,

Thank you,
    Alex

I am also having the same problem. After performing a mobile sync the transaction is entered in the PC version as a cleared transaction with no posting date. When the item clears the bank it then receives a posting date. I am using Q2018 Version: R11.8 Build: 27.1.11.18 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
  • Gregory Schwartz
    Gregory Schwartz Member
    edited September 2018
    I as well am experiencing this issue.  Not only are the transactions showing "cleared" but the payee formatting is also changed as I type my payees in all caps.   I spoke with support and they were unable to locate this as an issue.  I am on an iphone with iOS 11.4.1 running Quicken mobile app v5.1 and running the latest release of Quicken for Windows, R11.18 build 27.1.11.18.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    I am having the same issue as well.  If these come in defaulted to cleared it defeats the purpose clearing and reconciling transactions with your bank account. This needs to be addressed quickly.
    I am on an iPhone 8 running IOS 11.4.1
    Mobile App version 5.1.0 (38.11229.4012)
    PC Version R11.18 Build 27.1.11.18
  • Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Alumni ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hello All,

Sorry for the delay, I've been hard at work attempting to reproduce this issue. While I, and multiple colleagues, have been unsuccessful in reproducing, we have created a help request ticket for our Developers due to the amount of feedback we're receiving on this issue. The ticket number is QWIN-14063.

Unfortunately, this ticket was just created last week, so there is still work to be done to resolve the issue. I'll watch for updates on this ticket and let everyone know as soon as I receive new information. In the meantime, if you have the option in your mobile app, please continue to send details of the issues you're experiencing using the "Feedback" option in the main menu (the three bars). This will create an email from you with your device information. Please send a detailed description of the steps you're taking to produce this so our Developers can review and continue trying to recreate the issue on our end. Once reproducible, we should have no trouble developing a fix for all impacted versions.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Best regards,
    Alex
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    The steps I take on my iPhone X are:
    1. Login with face ID.
    2. Click the + to "Add Transaction".
    3. Enter the money amount.
    4. Sometimes I don't hit the "Done", but just click the "Payee", which requires a second click to actually get it to go to the payee list.
    5. Select the payee which returns to the Add Traction screen.
    6. Select the category if none is automatically set.
    7. Click "Add Attachment".
    8. Select "Camera".
    9. Take a picture of the receipt.
    10. Select "Use Photo".
    11. Click the "Save" at the bottom.

Maybe it's the added attachment that makes the difference?

Good luck,
    Dan Kuhn

• Quicken Alex
    Quicken Alex Alumni ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

1. Login with face ID.
    4. Sometimes I don't hit the "Done", but just click the "Payee", which requires a second click to actually get it to go to the payee list.
    8. Select "Camera".
    10. Select "Use Photo".

Good luck,
    Dan Kuhn

Hello Dan,

This is perfect, and actually provides the missing link! In all the reports I've come across (this thread included), I've not seen any mention of using attachments during the Add Transaction process. I'll be sure to include this information in my help ticket as I think you're right - the attachment is what makes all the difference here.

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your steps, we really appreciate it!

Sincerely,
    Alex
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

Hello William,

Thank you,
    Alex

Alex,

I go into the Quicken app on my android Samsung phone

Select Add Transaction
    Add amount
    Add payee
    Select Expense Account
    Add Category
    Save

I do not add any attachments,  The same thing happens on my husband's iPhone 8.
    Hope this helps. 

Thank you,
    Traci Schuck
  • Gregory Schwartz
    Gregory Schwartz Member
    edited September 2018
    Alex,
    I used my iPhone 8+ on IOS 11.4.1 and mobile app 5.1.  I followed Dan's steps by taking a picture of a receipt to see if that would resolve the cleared transaction issue....it did not for me....the transaction still came through as "cleared"
    Gregg
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    I enter a transaction on on my iPhone 8 with IOS 11.4.1 and mobile app 5.1. mobile app, and it shows up on the PC as cleared (it not).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

1. Login with face ID.
    8. Select "Camera".
    10. Select "Use Photo".

Good luck,
    Dan Kuhn

I'm still having this problem. I just got the mobile app update. Another possibility is that I have Quicken set up with all my bills as manual bills, I have no auto pay bills. Just throwing out suggestions because I really wish you could find the bug and get it fixed. It shows on the phone that these transactions are grey, meaning that they are not cleared, but when it comes into Quicken after an update, it shows these transactions as "New" and is marked "cleared".
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

1. Login with face ID.
    8. Select "Camera".
    10. Select "Use Photo".

Good luck,
    Dan Kuhn

I, too, have had an updated app recently and the problem persists.  I'm on an Android v8.0.0, Samsung S9+ and the app version is 5.1.0(11229).  I also do not use any autopay bills, just manually entered transactions.  It's pretty frustrating and time consuming to change ALL of the mobile-entered transactions that come in on the Update into the desktop version as cleared.  This has been a problem for weeks now and it would be great for Quicken to reach to those of us who are experiencing this for additional troubleshooting.  I think we'd all welcome direct contact for some IT digging.  C'mon Quicken!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018

When is this problem going to be fixed. It has been quite a while since it was first reported?

As additional information the transaction is also marked as "new" after the mobile sync of a transaction.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    +1 and am able to easily reproduce on my end.

Test 1:
      Added a fake $2 transaction for McDonald's on mobile for checking account.

Result 1:
      Sync'd with cloud on PC, and transaction appeared in account on PC with "c" in Cleared column and "TXFR" under Check # column. All of the other record fields were as expected.

Test 2:
      Similar $2 entry for McDonald's on mobile for credit card account.

Result 2:
      Sync'd with cloud on PC, and transaction appeared in account on PC with "c" in Cleared column. All of the other record fields were as expected.

My gear:
    PC: Windows 10 1803 with latest security patches, Quicken 2018 build 27.1.12.15
    Mobile: Samsung running 8.0.0 with latest patches, Quicken 5.2.1(11340)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

1. Login with face ID.
    8. Select "Camera".
    10. Select "Use Photo".

Good luck,
    Dan Kuhn

Hooray!!  It's finally working normally now both from my husband's iPhone and my Samsung S9+.  Thanks Quicken!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    The Sync between accounts of WF and Quicken seemed to have been fixed in regards to the "C" when you sync from a manual entry on the mobile back to the cloud and then to the PC.  The "C" cleared function is blank now, which is the way it should work...  Anyone else experience this, since the 2019 release this problem seems to have been fixed....

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes.  I noticed that 2019 fixed mine as well.  I am back to working correctly.  Thanks!!
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hello twodubs,

Yes, the thread is being closed and marked as solved.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.