Quicken 2017 R17.1 (Windows) - Crashing when entering/saving scheduled transactions

124»

Comments

• Fuzzy JohnFuzzy John Member
    edited August 2018

That's great news. Thanks.
  • Jay WaldnerJay Waldner Member
    edited August 2018

Hello Everyone,

We received an update from Development that the fix for the crash when entering reminders is close to the end of testing and they estimate to begin sending out the fix in a staged release next week (09/03 - 09/07/18) 

Thank you,

Sarah

Thank you for updating everyone!
  • Mark PetersonMark Peterson Member
    edited August 2018
    Philip said:

Enter it from the "home" tab instead of "bills". It will work. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Doesn't always work 
  • JoeJoe Member
    edited January 14
    I have the same issue... Quicken Home and Business 2017  Build 26.1.17.2.   

Also, when running saved reports  they don't add up right.   Nor do the budgets.

What alternative to quicken is there?  This is totally unacceptable.   more than three weeks to fix a major error?  how can it be?
  • JackJack Member
    edited September 2018
    If you read Sarah's post - the 3rd before yours, you'll see that Quicken will be releasing an update to fix this 9/4 - 9/7.
    edited September 2018

Hello Everyone,

We received an update from Development that the fix for the crash when entering reminders is close to the end of testing and they estimate to begin sending out the fix in a staged release next week (09/03 - 09/07/18) 

Thank you,

Sarah

Only one more day left! I can hardly wait for the upgrade release! Don't let us down Quicken!!!
    edited September 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

Today's the day! I haven't seen the release yet but I know Sarah won't let us down! :-)
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hello Everyone,

We've received an update that an issue has been found during testing of the solution for the crash experienced when entering Bill Reminders that has delayed the deployment of the release to next week.

We apologize for the additional delay but want to ensure stability and that no further problems are experienced by any User.  We appreciate your patience while we are working to fully resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • JackJack Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks for updating everyone, Sarah.I agree that it's more important to ensure that the update resolves the issue.
    edited September 2018
    I'm sorry Sarah, but it's been 4-weeks since this thread has started more than 2-weeks since I found it myself and have been monitoring. Quicken (Intuit) obviously does not care about it's customers to make them languish this long with software they purchase and upgrade to time after time. I'm beginning to believe the theories that maybe this error will never be corrected in order to force your customers to upgrade to a newer version. Since I don't have much choice at this point I guess I'll hang on for another week and see what promises come next.
  • Greg MitchellGreg Mitchell Member
    edited September 2018

I'm sorry Sarah, but it's been 4-weeks since this thread has started more than 2-weeks since I found it myself and have been monitoring. Quicken (Intuit) obviously does not care about it's customers to make them languish this long with software they purchase and upgrade to time after time. I'm beginning to believe the theories that maybe this error will never be corrected in order to force your customers to upgrade to a newer version. Since I don't have much choice at this point I guess I'll hang on for another week and see what promises come next.

Intuit sold Quicken a few years ago.  It's independent now.  I thought this might improve things, but I'm still waiting.
  • Roy MRoy M Member
    edited September 2018
    Quicken Sara,

I hate to pull out a political phrase, but please make sure your team is not letting the perfect be the enemy of the improved.  If they have the Bill Reminder crashing problem fixed and have found a small error in some remote function like Lifetime Planner, I would and I expect most of the participants here would prefer to have the update as it stands.  Following that example, maybe you could put a note in the update alert that the update should fix the program crashing but may make Lifetime Planner unusable so that users can choose which is the more critical function/problem.  Or make the update available on a support site so that we have to go get it.  If, 4 weeks on, your team still hasn't fixed the Bill Reminder crashing, then that is an entirely different matter.

I think all of us here would really also appreciate daily updates until the update is sent out.

Thank you.

Roy
    edited September 2018
    The update has been pushed and it appears to work, at least for me. Good luck everyone!
  • JackJack Member
    edited September 2018
    I agree. Great news~
    edited September 2018
    Hello Everyone,

I'm very excited to announce that R17.4, the solution for the crash in Quicken 2017 when entering scheduled transactions started a staged release this morning to 5,000 Users and has been paused while Development monitors for issues/concerns.  If none are found we anticipate releasing the fix to all Users by the end of the week. 

If you have not received the R17.4 update yet and do not wish to wait for the full release, the Manual/Mondo Patches and Release Notes will be available soon at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Thank you,

Sarah

UPDATED: The Patches and Release Notes are now available at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch
  • edited September 2018

Hello Everyone,

I'm very excited to announce that R17.4, the solution for the crash in Quicken 2017 when entering scheduled transactions started a staged release this morning to 5,000 Users and has been paused while Development monitors for issues/concerns.  If none are found we anticipate releasing the fix to all Users by the end of the week. 

If you have not received the R17.4 update yet and do not wish to wait for the full release, the Manual/Mondo Patches and Release Notes will be available soon at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Thank you,

Sarah

UPDATED: The Patches and Release Notes are now available at https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2017-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch

Sarah,

Hello and thanks for the update. Just letting you know that everything seems to be okay with the exception of not being able to close out the app with "Exit" under the File tab, this existed before, the only ways to close it out is either "X"-ing it out or with Task Manager when it quits responding after hitting the "Exit' under the File tab.

Sincerely,

Mickey Radovich
    edited September 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Mickey,

Thank you for letting us know that the crash has been resolved for you, it's greatly appreciated!

The issue with Quicken not closing correctly when exiting through File > Exit is a known issue that has been reported to Development.  A solution has been found that is currently estimated to be released as part of the September release for Quicken 2017.  **Please note, this timeframe is an estimate and subject to change if any issues or problems are found during the testing phase**

Exiting Quicken with the "x" in the top right corner instead of File > Exit should close Quicken completely without having to end the program through Task Manager and is the suggested workaround until the fix is available.

I hope this additional information is helpful and thank you again!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.