How do I turn ON the memo memory?

Options
I want the MEMO entry MEMORIZED from the LAST ENTRY. So this month when I enter: 'September payment', it will come up in the October entries letting me know that I had indeed made the payment for September. Help.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You need to explain further what you mean by "Memo memory".  Because that's not standard Q terminology.

Do you mean that you want JUST the memo field from the last transaction to be memorized?  Sorry, that can't be done.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I suggest you learn how to utilize Memorized Payees:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    "can't be done".  No, not now!  But before I got the newer version it most certainly did so. I am 100% sure of that.

Sherlock, I did learn how to utilize the Memorized Payees, that's not the problem.  I was looking for MEMORIZED MEMOS.

Anyway.  Thanks.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

"can't be done".  No, not now!  But before I got the newer version it most certainly did so. I am 100% sure of that.

Sherlock, I did learn how to utilize the Memorized Payees, that's not the problem.  I was looking for MEMORIZED MEMOS.

Anyway.  Thanks.

@Von Blass there has never been a feature that memorizes just the memos.

On the other hand the memo is memorized when you memorize a payee.

That is the confusion in your request.

If you are in the memo field you can't type something and an "old memo" will come up, like what happens when you type in a payee that is on the memorized payee list.

If you were talking about a payee on the other hand and want to save the memo, and have that payee with that memo come up the next time you put in the payee, that can be done.  I don't recommend it because you will build up a lot of lines for that given payee, but it can be done.

You simply type Ctrl+M to memorize the payee after you have entered the details (including the memo) into the transaction.

The next time you type in the payee it will select the last payee entered with whatever memo was saved.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options

Anyway.  Thanks.

Von Blass: Perhaps you had been entering the payment transaction using a reminder.  If so, a change made to the memo field in the reminder is remembered when the reminder is entered and should appear when the reminder next appears. 
This discussion has been closed.