Creating report with investing history within certain dates in account showing cost basis dividends

Jonathan
Jonathan Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Using quicken deluxe for windows 2017. How can I create this report? I want to show history of my cost basis including purchases, and reinvested dividends and for the  gains, and share balance , and total value to show on the report for a mutual fund I own, but have not sold yet.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Try this:

-- Go to Investing > Portfolio and select and/or customize a view to include the columns you want. You will probably want Shares, Market Value, and Cost Basis.
    -- Also customize to include the account(s) and securitie(s) you are interested in
    -- Group by Accounts 
    -- Click the Options gear and make sure "Show closed lots" is NOT selected
    -- At the bottom of the screen, click on Expand All. This will show all the current tax lots for the selected accounts and securities.
    -- Go to File > Print Portfolio to print the report.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Also you can set the date for the report in the As of box at the top. With that setting, you can make a report that shows all the tax lots you held as of 12/31/2017 for example.

If for some reason you want to set the starting date, you can click the Option gear, click Portfolio Preferences and set the date there. This does not affect the display of old lots that you still hold on the As of date. Quicken remembers the starting date you select, so you may want to change it back to "Earliest available date" to avoid confusion in the future. 
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.