problem with after-tax gain column in investment portfolio

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
The "After-tax Gain" column in my Investment Portfolio Views is blank for every security. Cost-basis column is fine, and I've selected my tax rate in the preferences, but still nothing. I can't recall if it ever worked or has recently stopped working. Any tips/advise?  Thanks!

Windows
Quicken 2018; Home, Bus. and Rental Income
Version R11.20

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    You should be able to view the After-Tax Gain amounts when you view the lots.  For example, if you're viewing Value, select Expand All at the bottom of the view.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sherlock said:

You should be able to view the After-Tax Gain amounts when you view the lots.  For example, if you're viewing Value, select Expand All at the bottom of the view.

The unaltered Tax Implications view is a good place to see this.

Note that you have to group by accounts to see the lots, and the After tax gain does not appear to consider the tax deferred status of the account.

I wonder why it doesn't/can't display the total gain for each security in an account.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sherlock said:

Where do I find the unaltered tax implications view? I'm not seeing it. I was able to populate the column by doing, as you suggested, in the Value view by grouping by "Accounts" instead of by Security. But there is no summation at the bottom of the column. Also, seems funny to me, that you would have to group by account to see this, when what I really want to see it on a security-by-security basis. 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sherlock said:

You may want consider using the Capital Gains Estimator (select Tools > Capital Gains Estimator from the Portfolio view).
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sherlock said:

If you have not renamed the pre-configured portfolio views, there is one called "Tax Implications" that includes the After tax gain column. There is nothing special about this however. The column works the same in any of the views.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.