Since the update -- Here is what I'm Having to do when inputting Transactions

First off, I download transactions from my bank using their export function. It's the way I've done it for years. It's the way I'll always do it. Never had a problem.
I use a PayPal card to get cash back on 95% of my purchases. So my downloaded transactions show "Ext W/D PayPal Instant Transfer" so I've always had to open my PayPal account in a browser to remember what the transactions were and then rename them and give them a category. Herein lies a problem that QUICKEN is now not handling things correctly.

The problem started with the last update.
So I did an export. I have the new transactions showing new in my register.
I rename the payee, and give a category. When I do this the downloaded amount changes. so I have to put back in the correct amount. When I hit enter, the item changes to "UNCLEARED" which only gives me the right click option to "Match to a downloaded transaction" which is no longer there because it altered the transaction. So now I have to right click and select "Reconcile" and select "Cleared". When I hit enter it changes back to New. Now I have to left click and select "Mark as reviewed"

This is driving me nuts. I did do a chat session with customer service and they led me through creating a new file to verify that my Quicken file wasn't corrupt but it did the same thing with the new setup. After spending 45 minutes talking to customer service the person told me, that "This is the way the program works now"  I told them that adding steps wasn't helpful. I'm hoping they'll fix this.

Just in case I went ahead and deleted my "Renaming Rules" making sure that it wasn't causing the problem but still did the same thing. Others have suggested not letting it automatically input my downloaded transactions. So we'll see.

Comments

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    I do NOT use 2018, I use 2017. It sounds to me that you may have an issue with memorized transactions. When this amount change occurs, look at your list of memorized transactions and see if the one you're using has the amount also memorized. It SHOULDN'T work this way BUT, you never know...

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2018
    It never did this til the update.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    You're right, this is a new problem. See this discussion
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/amounts-getting-changed-when-changing-payee-name...

After changing the payee, you might try clicking on a different field rather than hitting Tab or Enter.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I did but it won't let me leave that transaction line without saving it.  Which keeps me along the same problem.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is a new BUG introduced with release 27.1.12.15 of subscription Quicken (2018+).

Hopefully they will get it fixed soon, it is NOT how Quicken is supposed to work as stated by Quicken tech support.

Displaying the Downloaded Amount column in the register will at least make re-entering the correct amount easier.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

I did but it won't let me leave that transaction line without saving it.  Which keeps me along the same problem.

Note that Jim said another field, not another transaction.  Click on another field in the same transaction.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2020

This discussion has been closed.