How do you enter and track an employee stock ownership plan?

Blair SnyderBlair Snyder Member
edited October 2018 in
This plan is different due to it being a pension plan and not a stock option plan.  I am running Quicken Premier 2018.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Elaborate upon what you view as the difference between the "Pension plan" vs. the SOP.

Also, describe the features of the plan that you actually have.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Blair SnyderBlair Snyder Member
    edited October 2018
    I am issued shares in the company stock that is handled by a trust.  The stock is not publicly traded with the share value evaluated by an outside firm.  The shares are vested over several years with the payout coming after the age of 65.  
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I am issued shares in the company stock that is handled by a trust.  The stock is not publicly traded with the share value evaluated by an outside firm.  The shares are vested over several years with the payout coming after the age of 65.  

Do you know, at any given point in time, what percentage of those shares you own?

If so, I'd just do periodic "add shares" to reflect the vesting of what I actually own.  Create a security with NO ticker symbol, and manually update the price when you know of it.

These should be held in a separate brokerage type account, with appropriate Tax Attributes set.

I wouldn't record the entire "grant" of shares, until you're actually vested in them.

If you receive an additional/subsequent grant, just repeat the process.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"