What purpose is served by Quicken forcing me to login with the Quicken ID???

13»

Comments

• DivemasterDivemaster Member
    edited May 2018

Was prompted again yesterday to login to my Quicken account and to sync my data to Quicken.com - when is this going to stop?

Have the same problem and made a post about 30 minutes ago and they deleted it, guess they don't like the truth and this web site is just for positive comments, not even run by Quicken, some third part with small brains. 
  • edited June 2018

Harold,

While my "data" may reside on my PC, it's in a proprietary Quicken format that is not accessible to me in any way and as a result, I have therefore lost access to my data if I choose not to login to Quicken online services.

Also, I do not use the Quicken One Step update to download financial data from my Bank - I manually download it from them and manually import it into Quicken - considering this is the case, why am I forced to log in to Quicken online services when I'm not using those features.

Again, I understand having to login to download updates but not to access my own data, on my own PC - this really has gone to far and is unexcusable.

are we still waiting on a response from quicken?  
     Quicken Kathryn, Official Rep, what is the status? 
    This is ridiculous!  We are not using online for anything!  
  • edited June 2018
    Keith said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Being prompted for Quicken Id.

For apparently no reason my Quicken desktop program is prompting me for my Quicken Id and password. Is there a way to prevent the application from asking this question since I have already registered the product and have no need to login to my Quicken account.

2018 R7.5 27.1.7.5

What is the update to this?
    Does not seem to be that complicated of a request???
    edited June 2018

Harold,

While my "data" may reside on my PC, it's in a proprietary Quicken format that is not accessible to me in any way and as a result, I have therefore lost access to my data if I choose not to login to Quicken online services.

Also, I do not use the Quicken One Step update to download financial data from my Bank - I manually download it from them and manually import it into Quicken - considering this is the case, why am I forced to log in to Quicken online services when I'm not using those features.

Again, I understand having to login to download updates but not to access my own data, on my own PC - this really has gone to far and is unexcusable.

Still a problem for me and I am on current release, which BTW updated without me asking or approving- just did it.  I was only one update behind the current. 
    edited June 2018
    Keith said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Being prompted for Quicken Id.

For apparently no reason my Quicken desktop program is prompting me for my Quicken Id and password. Is there a way to prevent the application from asking this question since I have already registered the product and have no need to login to my Quicken account.

2018 R7.5 27.1.7.5

I have almost 40 years programming experience, it would not be a hard change, it would be very easy.  I think it is a matter of priority. 

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Keith said:

2018 R7.5 27.1.7.5

Didn't you mean policy rather than priority?  ;-)
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I agree 100%. This unnecessary step is a waste of time and intrusive for people who just want to print checks. 

Definitely looking for another program that does not force access to the internet. Does anyone know of an alternative?

I was told they will refund the purchase, which is great. I just need another program.

The Treasurer of a club, where I'm President, keeps our books in GNU Cash.  I keep a duplicate set in Q.

From what I've observed, in comparing the periodic reports of the 2 products, GNU Cash reporting is significantly  MASSIVELY inferior to that of Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • Myles McNallyMyles McNally Member
    edited October 2018

I agree 100%. This unnecessary step is a waste of time and intrusive for people who just want to print checks. 

Definitely looking for another program that does not force access to the internet. Does anyone know of an alternative?

I was told they will refund the purchase, which is great. I just need another program.

This entire thread is pretty out of date. Long since I posted a complaint here, Quicken appears to have stopped that annoying periodic requirement for a login. That convinced me to stay with them, as Quicken really is still the best.
    edited October 2018

I haven't been forced to logon for awhile, don't know if they changed policy or just extended time to require a logon.  It does seem to take longer sometimes to load Quicken, makes me think they check to see if I am licensed, but that is okay as long as they don't take data, but just check if valid copy. 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

From what I know of the history of this, they never really wanted to require people to "constantly" have to "log in" to their Quicken Id.  It was always suppose to cache it for long periods of time.  But there was definitely bugs in that process.

I'm guessing they basically just worked through the problems and now have it setup a lot better.

But note the Quicken Id has gone anywhere it is still there and used for the same purposes.  It is just that they "remember" your password better now.
This discussion has been closed.