What happened to pop up tools in Qkn check register for entering amounts of each transaction. Phone

Mike53
Mike53 Member
See Title

Comments

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What version of Quicken are you using?  Also is it the Starter, Premier, Etc.  What do you mean by pop up tools?
  • Mike53
    Mike53 Member
    edited October 2018
    Version R12.15  Build 27.1.12.15.
    Deluxe version.
    In check register, at dollar amount  a 10-key would pop up to facilitate $ entry. Now that is gone. Why?

• Marty 28312
    Marty 28312 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am using Quicken 2018 Deluxe.  When the cursor is in the payment box, a small 10 key calculator appears to the right of the box.  When clicked, it expands so the amount can be entered.  This appears both to the payment and deposit boxes.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    In the Payment / Deposit / Amount columns, you do not need to click the little calculator icon just so you can enter an amount.
    Click or tab into the field and start typing the desired amount.
    If you need to add a few numbers together, just type the first amount, then press +, -, / or * and continue typing as if you were working a pocket calculator. Press Enter when you're done.
    e.g. 100+1.23+2.34+3.45[Enter]
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    It sounds like this option got turned off:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Data entry and QuickFill -> Show buttons on QuickFill fields

I'm using Version R12.15  Build 27.1.12.15, and as you can see I have the calculator:

Either that or there is some kind of problem with "Windows scaling".
  • Mike53
    Mike53 Member
    edited May 2020

I am using Quicken 2018 Deluxe.  When the cursor is in the payment box, a small 10 key calculator appears to the right of the box.  When clicked, it expands so the amount can be entered.  This appears both to the payment and deposit boxes.

Mine are MISSING. Did you read my post? What caused my 10-key calculator to go missing?
  • Mike53
    Mike53 Member
    edited October 2018
    My 10-key is missing. When I click, nothing pops up. Why?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

My 10-key is missing. When I click, nothing pops up. Why?

As Chris (QPW) suggested, go into Edit -> Preferences -> Data entry and QuickFill -> Click to put a checkmark on "Show buttons on QuickFill fields" and your problem with the missing icons should be resolved.

(ignore the red marks I scribbled in this image. That was for something else)

• Mike53
    Mike53 Member
    edited May 2020

It sounds like this option got turned off:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Data entry and QuickFill -> Show buttons on QuickFill fields

I'm using Version R12.15  Build 27.1.12.15, and as you can see I have the calculator:

Either that or there is some kind of problem with "Windows scaling".

Thanks  Chris
  • Mike53
    Mike53 Member
    edited May 2020

In the Payment / Deposit / Amount columns, you do not need to click the little calculator icon just so you can enter an amount.
    Click or tab into the field and start typing the desired amount.
    If you need to add a few numbers together, just type the first amount, then press +, -, / or * and continue typing as if you were working a pocket calculator. Press Enter when you're done.
    e.g. 100+1.23+2.34+3.45[Enter]

You do if you are using  an on-screen keyboard . I am disabled but you did not consider that. Chris's answer was on point.
This discussion has been closed.