Quicken should download and store check and deposit images

plspls Member
edited October 2018 in
Not sure where to put feature requests, maybe someone can enlighten me.

The Federal Reserve now requires every bank and credit union to maintain digital images of each check and deposit. These are now used for clearing checks instead of moving paper around.

Quicken should be able to download and file these check and deposit images along with the transactions.
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    While in theory that is a great idea, I think we may be asking for trouble trying to get that implemented.  Just look at all of the issues they have been having with implementing downloading of PDF account statements.  I will put my vote on it but I really do very few paper checks anymore so it is not really a big issue for me.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have LESS THAN ZERO interest in having all of that bloat taking up space in my QDATA file and taking up time to download.

Anytime that I want to see those items, i can simply log into the appropriate bank's website.  This resolves your issue completely, at a MUCH lower (approaching zero) cost to me.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • plspls Member
    edited October 2018

I have LESS THAN ZERO interest in having all of that bloat taking up space in my QDATA file and taking up time to download.

Anytime that I want to see those items, i can simply log into the appropriate bank's website.  This resolves your issue completely, at a MUCH lower (approaching zero) cost to me.

How long does your bank keep check images available on its web site?

Mine keeps transactions and check images for 90 days and statements for 12 months. That's nowhere near long enough.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

The only purpose I have used the check image for was verifying the payee, so I have it right in Quicken.