Quicken isn't pulling correct prices

David Minches
David Minches Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have an investment in Fidelity's Growth Co Comingled Pool.  It is not technically a mutual fund so it doesn't have a ticker.  Fidelity has several of these.  Is there any way to get Quicken to pull the correct prices?  I am tired of entering them manually.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Unfortunately the answer has not changed since you asked a year ago:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• David Minches
    David Minches Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks.  I didn't even remember that I asked.  Very frustrating.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    If you can set up your account to download transactions from Fidelity, Quicken can get the current prices when you download.

Or there may be a way to download the price history from Fidelity's website in a format (typically CSV) that will let you import it into Quicken. You might have to massage the file a little to put it into a Quicken-compatible format. See Quicken Help for more info.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

If you can set up your account to download transactions from Fidelity, Quicken can get the current prices when you download.

Or there may be a way to download the price history from Fidelity's website in a format (typically CSV) that will let you import it into Quicken. You might have to massage the file a little to put it into a Quicken-compatible format. See Quicken Help for more info.

Maybe Fidelity has changed since my 401(k) had that commingled pool fund. When I had that fund, I was never able to find any price history listing.

You can run reports that list the price, but the max number data points you can get per report is two days, the start date and the end date. Pretty tedious to build price history two days at a time.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    edited October 2018

I searched just now and couldn't find any price history download available.

Hopefully he can get Quicken to connect to his NetBenefits account, but people have been complaining about that recently.
  • David Minches
    David Minches Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

I am able to connect to and pull data from NetBenefits. I just can’t get quicken to pull the right prices for certain investments.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited October 2018

When you get data from NetBenefits, does it add prices to the Price History for each date there is a Buy, Sell, or Reinvest for that security and also for the date you did the download? 
  • David Minches
    David Minches Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

Yes, but since the ticker assigned to the holding is not correct I have to change the price.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited October 2018

Aha. If your holding is not a publicly traded mutual fund, you should find the security in the Security List and make sure that Download Quotes in not checked. You might also go to the Security detail page, click on Edit Security details, and delete the ticker for good measure. This will prevent Quicken's quote server from attempting to update the price with data for the wrong security.

Quicken uses the security's CUSIP number to match it to the data downloaded from your financial institution. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Also, I'd try contacting Fidelity directly.  They're pretty knowledgeable about Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.