Trouble syncing an account to the web

Options
I have credit union account that syncs fine with the desktop, but consistently fails with the Quicken on the web. I've reset the connection on the desktop app and confirmed that the password is correct in my password vault. I tried to sync to the web again after doing that but got the same result (error). I've disabled it for now.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Kathryn
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi JoeBlow,
    Sorry you're experiencing an error--do you have the text of the error message, or a screenshot?  What type of account is it, and what's the name of the credit union?  This will help us figure out what's going on so we can fix it--

Thanks,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • JoeBlow
    JoeBlow Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Financial Institution: Campus USA Credit Union
    Connection Method: Direct Connect

Standard One Step Update works without error in the desktop app.

Error message when attempting to sync to Quicken on the Web: "A connection to your financial institution could not be established. Please try again later. To continue without this institution for now, deselect the account(s) and try again later. You can fix the issue and then add the account(s) again later."

When attempting to add the account, the connection dialog looks like it's corresponding correctly with the bank.
  • Quicken Kathryn
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JoeBlow said:

Error message when attempting to sync to Quicken on the Web: "A connection to your financial institution could not be established. Please try again later. To continue without this institution for now, deselect the account(s) and try again later. You can fix the issue and then add the account(s) again later."

When attempting to add the account, the connection dialog looks like it's corresponding correctly with the bank.

Hi JoeBlow,
    This could be a temporary issue with Quicken on the Web accessing your bank (the Web and Desktop have different update processes, so it could potentially work on the Desktop and not on the Web).  If this issue persists for more than 24 hours, try the troubleshooting steps here and see if that resolves the issue for you: https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-online-banking-issues-quicken-mobile-and-quicken-web

If this isn't a temporary banking issue, resetting the account should fix most issues, but if not, a deactivate/reactivate should reset the account on the Quicken Cloud.

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Note to devs: depending on how things go, I may post this as a separate issue.

To OP and community, I'm having a similar issue. Even prior to seeing the web version, my mobile app has been failing to connect to my primary FI. The results I'm seeing remind me of a few years back, when Quicken (think they were still under Intuit) had to make a workaround because my bank has numerous security questions.

Bringing my situation up here, in case it's relevant.
  • JoeBlow
    JoeBlow Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JoeBlow said:

OK. I deactivated online banking and sync'ed the account to the web. That worked.
    I then reactivated online banking in the desktop app. That worked.
    I sync'd again from the desktop. That worked.
    Unfortunately, the web now shows an exclamation point. This is the message from that error symbol:

This account needs your attention
      We are unable to connect to Campus USA Credit Union (FL) at this time.
      Care Code: ccwebbrowser.580

I clicked the Try Again button in that dialog box and nothing happened. I clicked Sync Now in the desktop app and it sync'ed without error. I clicked the Sync button online and got the same error message.

If it matters, (I doubt it), those results are from Firefox 62.0.3 running in Windows.

• Quicken Kathryn
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JoeBlow said:

OK--it seems then that this may be a temporary issue with the connection between your bank and the web; if this is still happening tomorrow, please contact our support team so we can collect some information from you and escalate this to our Online Services Team: www.quicken.com/contact-support

Hope this helps,
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Quicken Kathryn
    edited October 2018
    Options
    twodubz said:

To OP and community, I'm having a similar issue. Even prior to seeing the web version, my mobile app has been failing to connect to my primary FI. The results I'm seeing remind me of a few years back, when Quicken (think they were still under Intuit) had to make a workaround because my bank has numerous security questions.

Hi twodubz,
    Thanks for posting!  This does seem like a separate issue--can you post a new thread with details of your bank, account type(s) and the error messages you're seeing?  Then we can troubleshoot a bit more--

Thanks!
    Quicken Kathryn
    Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • JoeBlow
    JoeBlow Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JoeBlow said:

Will do. Thanks
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    twodubz said:

Thanks, @Quicken Kathryn! Just opened a new thread, as requested.
This discussion has been closed.