Full Featured Version of Quicken Online for the Web (expansion of current version) (20 Legacy Votes)

smayer97
smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Quicken for the Web has now been released (Oct 8, 2018) but it only parallels the features available in Quicken Mobile, which only gives visibility and access to transactions for cash, credit card, and bank accounts, summary data of investments, and access to budgets.

But some users would like to be able to use Quicken Online via a web browser, with all the functionality of the Quicken desktop version.

This IDEA thread is for an expansion of the web browser version that still syncs to the desktop version. 

If you are looking for a web version that does not need and is completely independent of a desktop version DO NOT vote here. Instead, go here:
Full Featured Version of Quicken Online for the Web (not dependent on desktop version)

If you find this feature helpful, click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner below, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register).

Your VOTE matters!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

17 votes

Not Planned · Last Updated

This is not on the roadmap for future implementation. Reason provided by Product and Development team: "This is not something we are aiming at in the near future. Windows and Mac are different in certain ways and companion web is common."

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Would like to have this.  Ability to do Bill Pay with Mobile and/or Web would be amazing.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

Would like to have this.  Ability to do Bill Pay with Mobile and/or Web would be amazing.

I recommend that you create an IDEA thread just for that, to draw attention to that specific feature. Then other users can add their vote to it.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Full capability across all devices / platforms would be spectacular...and a lofty goal.  Perhaps starting with web and desktop - getting those to be equally capable as a first step.
  • firediven
    firediven Member ✭✭
    We should be able to DOWNLOAD from the cloud version. It appears that currently our backups go to our computer and that Quicken has an online version. I lost my local data in a crash but all my information is still in the Quicken Cloud. Quicken tells me that I cannot download my cloud file, even though I PAY for Quicken and the financial information belongs to me. Yes I am aggravated. It is a computer file. Surely some smart Quicken programmer can figure out how to get that file to us.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to Set Up and Sync Accounts from Quicken onto Your Mobile Device

Before you begin

The Quicken Cloud transmits your information between Quicken Desktop, Quicken on the Web, and Quicken Mobile, but it is not a backup service. You can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop, web or mobile Quicken products.

There is no "online version" of Quicken, it's still a desktop program. The user controls where the backups go. Send your hard drive to a recovery service and have them recover your Quicken data file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also note that the Quicken Cloud only contains a subset of your data for sync purposes, starting with the last 2 years when first set up.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.