Update Share Balance Error

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
So I attempted to update share balance in an investment account. Rather than simply updating to the correct share number for that particular date, Quicken "added" the shares to the prior balance. Has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello Jim and thank you for the reply.  My situation is the following:  since I don't actually have data (transactions) from the last year or so, I am unable to enter those transactions.  I do realize that this will result in incorrect tax and performance data but at this point I'm more concerned about having the correct number of shares for a specific date (Sept 30, 2018).  That being the case, what would be the best way of going about this (simply correcting share balances as of Sept 30)?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Hello Jim and thank you for the reply.  My situation is the following:  since I don't actually have data (transactions) from the last year or so, I am unable to enter those transactions.  I do realize that this will result in incorrect tax and performance data but at this point I'm more concerned about having the correct number of shares for a specific date (Sept 30, 2018).  That being the case, what would be the best way of going about this (simply correcting share balances as of Sept 30)?

To add the placeholder, open the investment account, select Enter Transactions and Adjust Share Balance from the Enter transaction: pull-down menu.   Enter Sept 20, 2018 as the date and the number of shares of the selected security held on that date.
This discussion has been closed.